Picked another one up

DrumWhipper

I found a DW Design Series with a PDP Concept Maple snare for a GREAT deal and couldn’t pass them up.

Snare is 14x6.5
Kit is as follows:

9x13
16x16
16x22

122A2ED4-C663-4094-BEEE-6DB58C56864C.jpeg

gish

I have the same kit Whipper, and I also got an insane deal on mine. A well made, pro kit that sounds great and doesn’t break the bank. Another cool feature you’ll find is how that finish changes it’s hue depending on lighting; the drums go from a flat black to a steel gray. Here’s a pic of mine under stage lights: Congratulations on getting them!

Attachments

• F0FA735C-5F24-4221-A321-C663877E6E03.jpeg
    F0FA735C-5F24-4221-A321-C663877E6E03.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 22

Icetech

Gold Member
I have my design 5 piece up for sale right now, absolutley love those drums (honestly, probably more than my RC's.. they stay in tune better and are warmer) enjoy the kit :)

yammyfan

I have my design 5 piece up for sale right now, absolutley love those drums (honestly, probably more than my RC's.. they stay in tune better and are warmer) enjoy the kit :)
Why sell them if you like them better? I would move the Yamaha kit if you're not as happy with it. Resale value should be good.
Very nice kit, but my OCD is kicking in. The tom badges face the audience, so the bass drum badges need to be flipped around! Happy playing!
I thought you were going to say something about the bass drum logo being crooked. That would drive me crazy!

Nice drums though. A thoroughly professional kit in great sizes. You did great!

Neal Pert

I bought one of those solely because of the price I found them for. I was SUPER impressed but I traded them to a buddy who actually needed them and wanted them. I got a Dunnett Titanium 6.5x14 in the trade, so I did well.

But you've done SUPER well. Mine had clear emperors over clear ambassadors on the toms and a PS3 batter. Drums sounded amazing. Enjoy!

Icetech

Gold Member
Why sell them if you like them better? I would move the Yamaha kit if you're not as happy with it. Resale value should be good.

Cause i have a thing for yamahas.. and i'm forcing myself to like them :) I would never be able to replace the kit and know i would regret selling.. (unless SQ2's magically showed up.. then buh bye RC's :) )

SomeBadDrummer

Platinum Member

yammyfan

Cause i have a thing for yamahas.. and i'm forcing myself to like them :) I would never be able to replace the kit and know i would regret selling.. (unless SQ2's magically showed up.. then buh bye RC's :) )
I hear you - I have a thing for Yamahas too. I owned a gorgeous Birch Custom Absolute a couple of years ago but never quite got along with the Nouveau lugs and hanging floor toms. It was still a tough decision to sell them but I used the proceeds to buy my Gretsch Renown kit.

I own a DW Design set also and honestly, I like them just as much as I like my Renowns and that is saying a lot. My Yamahas wouldn't have stood a chance if I was forced to choose between them and the DWs.

Kudos to you for standing by your RCs though. They're legendary for good reason. :)

Last edited:

SharkSandwich

I love the simplicity of that kit. Congrats!

King Tiger

I like it, those are very good quality sets. Getting it for a great deal makes it even sweeter. I'd take that all day long. (But holy sh*t, I don't need any more drum stuff!!!). At least that's what I try to tell myself.

Bozozoid

Platinum Member
Never thought I'd like flat black until I saw Mark Craney at a local club playing a double bass Ludwig kit in that finish. I was totally hooked. I wondered if a four piece kit would look cool THEN I saw Chuck Ruff on a one up two down kit in flat black with Edgar Winter and flipped on it. Then I saw DrumWhipper with a 4 piece on DrummerWorld in flat black and it was as classy as it gets.

DrumWhipper

I found a 18x16 in the Iron Satin Metallic finish that I ordered tonight. It should be here next week to complete the kit!