Pic of yourself

thanks!! and never to old to ROCK.....\m/
That's awesome!

What I usually write is "you're never too old to be young and you're never too old to drum"!

"And The Beat Goes On"

Drummer_D

I used to have a board as a kid. Tragically the only thing that I share with professional darts players is the waistline.

Envious of you actually playing out in public and the like.

Don’t be too envious mate, my first outing out of the house in nearly two weeks after ending isolation, due to recently catching Covid.

With that in mind it was a hard gig without the darts players ignoring us the whole time, which cut deep 😭

My waistline is also taking a battering, so you are not alone there!

When I was a kid my friend Danny's home had a screened in porch with two wooden fans. We'd throw darts in fans then draw straws who would turn on light switch to activate and later turn off the fans. It had wicker furniture we used to hide behind. Turning on wasn't to bad because it took it a bit for them to get moving and you had some time to hide. But there would always be one or two darts that refused to depart so turning off the fans scariest part. I never got nailed but some close calls, Danny got nailed in hand right at fan switch and then another time in calf. It was epic. His calf muscle was squirming like a worm when I pulled it out. He was always getting nailed. We were salvaging boards from a construction site to build our forts and he stepped right on a nail right through his tennis shoe. He didn't even realize it till I told him-then he turned white and started screaming like a banshee. I had to pull that nail out-man it was gushing blood. Crazy how his response lagged in awareness.

When I was a kid my friend Danny's home had a screened in porch with two wooden fans. We'd throw darts in fans then draw straws who would turn on light switch to activate and later turn off the fans. It had wicker furniture we used to hide behind. Turning on wasn't to bad because it took it a bit for them to get moving and you had some time to hide. But there would always be one or two darts that refused to depart so turning off the fans scariest part. I never got nailed but some close calls, Danny got nailed in hand right at fan switch and then another time in calf. It was epic. His calf muscle was squirming like a worm when I pulled it out. He was always getting nailed. We were salvaging boards from a construction site to build our forts and he stepped right on a nail right through his tennis shoe. He didn't even realize it till I told him-then he turned white and started screaming like a banshee. I had to pull that nail out-man it was gushing blood. Crazy how his response lagged in awareness.

that is so weird...my best friends house also had a big screened in porch with a fireplace, and a dart area. It was probably 40'x40' - enough for 8 of us to sleep in with no problem. It was our home base for summer time. We would actually play legit darts all summer in the evenings. His dad would have killed us if he caught us screwing around. Darts were a Sacred Tradition to his dad, who had been born in Cork Ireland. Many years of great times on that back porch!!!

I don't do pics of me. Use your imaginations. :)

so here I am, trying to get some music written...someone else has some other plans....take the hat off, and i look almost like @Jeremy Crockett

IMG_3018.jpg

not too far off from what i imaged during some of our exchanges. nice to pseudo meet you internet buddy!

yep...all of us original 80's metal heads end up looking like this as our long hair wanes...it sort of slides down to our chin!!!

and also nice to know/meet you as well!!

Back