Pic of yourself

drummerboy

Senior Member
No Yamaha doesn't endorse me..yet!...lol....j/k...I wish they would someday....I made my choice because Levon plays Yamaha...Eddie Bayers plays Yamaha as well as my drum teacher...and we own a Yamaha quad so it all fits....I do love my new set though and feel I made a good choice...anyway I hope your son picks up the drums...as for me I think I must of been born to play...i can't remember a time that I didn't....if you think it may help your son maybe you can show him my site sometime...if he sees how much fun a nine year old can have with it maybe it will give him a boost....it is www.tylerhough.com
 

drummerboy

Senior Member
oops I just re read your post and see your son already plays....that's great!....I guess I should have read it again before I replied.
 
S

Stu_Strib

Guest
drummerboy said:
oops I just re read your post and see your son already plays....that's great!....I guess I should have read it again before I replied.
Well he doesn't play like YOU play. He can keep a steady beat, but he really doesn't yet understand 8 bar phrasing and simple stuff like coming back to ONE, yet.

He seems to be more into guitar than drums, which I encourage. Reading and playing music can only help, if he wants to drum later ( I played violine for 6 years before playing drums).

As for Yamaha, I just sold a Stage Custom kit (which was really good for the money) and got a new Beech Custom kit with a Maple Custom Absolute kick (best bass drum sound ever!!!).

I'll post some pics in October, when I get to England with my new wife and my new kit!

~stu
 

drummerboy

Senior Member
Stu_Strib said:
Well he doesn't play like YOU play. He can keep a steady beat, but he really doesn't yet understand 8 bar phrasing and simple stuff like coming back to ONE, yet.

He seems to be more into guitar than drums, which I encourage. Reading and playing music can only help, if he wants to drum later ( I played violine for 6 years before playing drums).

As for Yamaha, I just sold a Stage Custom kit (which was really good for the money) and got a new Beech Custom kit with a Maple Custom Absolute kick (best bass drum sound ever!!!).

I'll post some pics in October, when I get to England with my new wife and my new kit!

~stu

Hey theres nothing wrong guitar....I have one that Levon sent me and suggested I learn it....I am learning bass first then I am going to teach myself guitar...

Can't wait to see your drum pics when you get them up.
 

NUTHA JASON

Senior Administrator
just looking at these last few posts it is clear why we don't allow swearing and adult content on this forum. but when you read these guy's posts they sound so mature. its great. Kudos to you both, drummerboy and edward.

and well done to everyone else for keeping it clean and cool.
j
 

drummerboy

Senior Member
Hey Onemat...where did you get that shirt??...I like it!....And you met Liberty Divito?...Cool!...he signed my guestbook on my webiste....don't ask me how he found it though.
 

onemat

Senior Member
drummerboy said:
Hey Onemat...where did you get that shirt??...I like it!....And you met Liberty Divito?...Cool!...he signed my guestbook on my webiste....don't ask me how he found it though.
Hey....I got a few of those drum set shirts on eBay, but they've been in the malls too. Liberty did a clinic a few years ago here in Nashville, during a vintage and new drum show. We talked for a few hours that day. I had previously met him in 1976 0r 1977 when the Turnstiles album was just out. I got to go to the taped show at Connecticut college they did with Billy. In the seventies Liberty and the others were pretty stuck up when they visited the music store I worked at, but when I recently met him he was super nice and great fun. He repeatedly talked about how lucky he was to get hooked up with Billy Joel and that there were many drummers out there who were not as lucky as he was. He's a hard hitter. I think during the clinic he mentioned Sabian will not give him any light weight cymbals for touring anymore, just heavy ones!
 
Here's a picture of me back in 1998:



Note the nifty black and yellow finish on the old Pearl kit I played at the time. I liked it so much I later put together a matching outfit:



Inspired by Bill Bruford's yellow jacket on King Crimson's "Thrak" tour.

I miss that kit. I never should have sold it.
 
Last edited:

King Ruckus

Member
Hey everyone

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. My name is Matt, I live in Michigan. I have been playing for about a year! I am in a small unknown band called the Bungalow Junkies. We play primarily rock type music, but have been known to "rub some funk on it" We practice together at least once a week usually!! Whatever happens, happens..it is pretty laid back!! I have two mentors, Larry and Rich, they are both in the band as well. Hence I recieve my lessons for free, and get to have a great time doing it!! I love The drums! I am sure I will post all over the place, so I hope I don't annoy anyone. I ask alot of questions!!This is me about a year ago!! I Shall post a recent pic as soon as I get my hands on one!
 

Attachments

drummerboy

Senior Member
onemat said:
Hey....I got a few of those drum set shirts on eBay, but they've been in the malls too. Liberty did a clinic a few years ago here in Nashville, during a vintage and new drum show. We talked for a few hours that day. I had previously met him in 1976 0r 1977 when the Turnstiles album was just out. I got to go to the taped show at Connecticut college they did with Billy. In the seventies Liberty and the others were pretty stuck up when they visited the music store I worked at, but when I recently met him he was super nice and great fun. He repeatedly talked about how lucky he was to get hooked up with Billy Joel and that there were many drummers out there who were not as lucky as he was. He's a hard hitter. I think during the clinic he mentioned Sabian will not give him any light weight cymbals for touring anymore, just heavy ones!
I'm going tohave my mom check on those shirts for me on Ebay...I'm sure if she finds one it will be 10 times to big...that's the trouble I have...I can't find any cool drum shirts in my size....cool story you have of your meetings with Liberty....I'll be happy when I'm grown up so I can get around and hopefully meet some more drummers.
 

parser

Senior Member
Sorry, no shirtless pics of me for the ladies. Here I am sitting on one of my furniture pieces "pencil bench". I would wear safety glasses all the time if I could, they are so fashionable.

Ok, start poking fun.......NOW!
 

Attachments

Last edited:

Dyaxe

Pioneer Member
Me doing what i dont do best...playing monopoly at my grandma's house...we actually succeeded at playing 3!!!!!!! WHOLE games! my god did we have time to waste....

 
M

Milo

Guest
Dyaxe said:
Me doing what i dont do best...playing monopoly at my grandma's house...we actually succeeded at playing 3!!!!!!! WHOLE games! my god did we have time to waste....
Hilarious clip of Dane Cook talking about Monopoly...
 

Attachments

Top