Pic of yourself

Properly dressed as a Jazz musician. Do you still have this drum? What was the venue?

yeah...that is a higher class look and place than I have ever been a part of!!

they asked Jesse James why he robbed banks
he said because that's where the money is 😁

bear in mind that band their birth years
1929, 1930, 1926. 1936.. and me
that's the way they dressed

tunetailorsselections.jpg

those guys above the Tune Tailors were together and played the Club my dad had for a few years.
56-to about 1962

I was 4 ish. 😁 see how that works. Fast forward to 1984 ish and I'm drumming for them..

Dadmatch 009.JPGDadmatch 006.JPGDadmatch 007.JPG

My dad had a lot of bands there including the Ink Spots..
then one night or early morning in 62 it caught a kitchen fire and the hydrant was too far away and burned to the grd./

Last edited:
As a newby here, thought I ought to flesh out my intro . I don’t have pictures of me performing but… this is me proud as a peacock wIt’s my original stage bands at age 10, then 12.The wife and I sipping margaritas. Then a pretty current old fart pic!6A425B14-34E0-4195-BABE-ED2A25847DB4.jpegFCE273E8-089C-4540-A05F-E184930EDFD9.jpeg6DD22977-7261-49ED-BF52-D1E2B9F7AFC6.jpegB3A74A2A-C021-4EC8-B3D5-CC85D893734C.jpeg

Bo,

Love that picture of you peeking through your Turkish cymbals. Just wondering what size is that crash? When I first started drumming that's all I was looking at was Turkish cymbals... I don't recall seeing those. I'm partial to Turkish made items. My grandfather was born in Smyrna, Turkey.

There's probably no way that you can describe the sound of them but obviously you must like them. I'd like to look them up and listen online to see exactly what those are all about... they're very cool looking.

Cheers!
Drummer_D

Bo,

Love that picture of you peeking through your Turkish cymbals. Just wondering what size is that crash? When I first started drumming that's all I was looking at was Turkish cymbals... I don't recall seeing those. I'm partial to Turkish made items. My grandfather was born in Smyrna, Turkey.

There's probably no way that you can describe the sound of them but obviously you must like them. I'd like to look them up and listen online to see exactly what those are all about... they're very cool looking.

Cheers!
Drummer_D
That crash cymbal is a Millennium 20” ride. It comes with two rivets but I removed them. It’s a thin, low pitched cymbal that crashes well. When I was picking out cymbals I went by sound alone and was surprised this ride also crashed very well.

That crash cymbal is a Millennium 20” ride. It comes with two rivets but I removed them. It’s a thin, low pitched cymbal that crashes well. When I was picking out cymbals I went by sound alone and was surprised this ride also crashed very well.
I wasn't sure if it was a ride or a crash because I have my ride just above my floor tom so I couldn't tell I know that everyone places their cymbals where they feel comfortable. Thanks for the info drum buddy!

I wasn't sure if it was a ride or a crash because I have my ride just above my floor tom so I couldn't tell I know that everyone places their cymbals where they feel comfortable. Thanks for the info drum buddy!
I’m left handed, so it’s in the traditional crash cymbal spot next to my hi hats. I’m pretty conventional when I set up 😉

Taken from last weekend, filming my band's upcoming music video. Got some makeup on to look older, and got to borrow my father in law's old Ludwig kit for the occasion. It's supposed to be a theme of us playing in the old folks home in the future, still a metal band 😆. Refuse to grow up... I guess the cymbals don't really match the kit, but it is what it is, I had to bring my own...
1000019085.jpg

Last edited:
Found this today 17 yr old 1977 with broken stick turned around backwards. Ludwig Standard Paiste hi hat cymbals. You can't see the kit but was a Ludwig Standard 5pc gold stratus.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240709_190310_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240709_190310_Facebook.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 13
Back