Photo Shoot

Khaine88

Since its a nice day here in normally rainy wales so i thought i'd join the trend of a kit photo shoot, so i took my kit outside and here we are.

anyways the specs are:

Pearl Export Elx Drum Kit in Amber Mist with chrome hardware
22x18 bass
12x9 Tom
13x11 tom
16x16 floor tom
evans g1 heads and 1 random remo emp

Highwood Custom Drums
Solid Maple Steambent Snare 14x5.5
reinforcement rings
Puresound custom 30 strand
evans reverse power centre with evans 300 hazy snare side

Cymbals
Zildjian
14 k custom dark hats
15 k dark crash
17 k custom dark crash
UFIP
20 Class Ride

Dave Weckl Sig VIc Firth Sticks
All hardware is pearl except throne which is tama

and it seems my dog sandy sneaked into a few pics :D

Last edited:

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
Well ithink thatkit's pretty levely, sotospeak. :p

Very much liking the setup, nice and tight and the highwood snare looks great too!

Ainulindale

Gold Member
great pics! nice kit man, like the 1up, 2down set up and those K Customs are such great cymbals! the icing on the cake would be that incredible snare, love it...

Drumrunner

Sweet looking kit! I love the whole setup. But why the one remo head on the tom? Does it sound better with that head on that tom?

Khaine88

its because my local shop never has any 12" evans g1 heads in stock. it doesnt sound bad (the remo) but i really should just order a head online

Dave from Perth

Hey, nice set-up. That's a killer-looking snare drum. It has a beautiful finish. My retriever used to howl like crazy when I played drums in the house - more in protest than appreciation I'd say. Thanks for sharing.

Khaine88

Hey, nice set-up. That's a killer-looking snare drum. It has a beautiful finish. My retriever used to howl like crazy when I played drums in the house - more in protest than appreciation I'd say. Thanks for sharing.
hey thanks alot dude, my dog tends to just sleep around and doesnt really mind me playing drums or my brother playing guitar. she can sleep through anything

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
wow, i must say i'm really diggin' that orange finish, I think it has a cool effect with the cymbals color-wise. *thumbs up*

love that 1 up 2 down config aswell, looks very comfy

-Jonathan

frank0072

Gold Member
looks great. love the idea of the drumrug too, with the tapes in place for everything. i have to setup every week and every week the set's different, and that bugs me sometimes.

Meat the beat

Nice kit Mate,
Weathers been nice hasn't it.... Must do the same sometime, especially as my 11 mnth old son has evicted me & my kits from what was my practice room!!!

shoedaddy

How does that UFIP cymbal blend in with the K's? Always interested in them but never see them anywhere around me.

Muckster

Platinum Member
Thanks for the pics...Nice kit! Is your dog a Pyrenees? I did a double take because i thought i saw my dog!