Phil Spector Dies...

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Ronnie Spector.

"It’s a sad day for music and a sad day for me.
When I was working with Phil Spector, watching him create in the recording studio, I knew I was working with the very best. He was in complete control, directing everyone. So much to love about those days.
Meeting him and falling in love was like a fairytale.
The magical music we were able to make together, was inspired by our love. I loved him madly, and gave my heart and soul to him.
As I said many times while he was alive, he was a brilliant producer, but a lousy husband.
Unfortunately Phil was not able to live and function outside of the recording studio.
Darkness set in, many lives were damaged.
I still smile whenever I hear the music we made together, and always will. The music will be forever"

Phil Spector 1939-2021

Jodianna

I am sure little sweet Ronnie will sleep a lot better knowing that Phil is gone. No chance of parole in this case. I was lucky to meet Ronnie and see her perform at The Showplace in Dover NJ back in the day when she recorded with Eddie Money. Just amazing now she can live free.

cbphoto

Gold Member
Ronnie Spector.

"It’s a sad day for music and a sad day for me.
When I was working with Phil Spector, watching him create in the recording studio, I knew I was working with the very best. He was in complete control, directing everyone. So much to love about those days.
Meeting him and falling in love was like a fairytale.
The magical music we were able to make together, was inspired by our love. I loved him madly, and gave my heart and soul to him.
As I said many times while he was alive, he was a brilliant producer, but a lousy husband.
Unfortunately Phil was not able to live and function outside of the recording studio.
Darkness set in, many lives were damaged.
I still smile whenever I hear the music we made together, and always will. The music will be forever"

Phil Spector 1939-2021
I wonder if the mayor is trolling us. 🤔

Darth Vater

I find it rather amusing how unyielding people are towards Phil Spector yet there's been so much chatter in this forum about how they should let Jim Gordon out. Double standard much? :rolleyes:

notvinnie

Er81GdYUcAA8QKc

Vandalay

I was just thinking about some of the "What is life" session that Jim Gordon played on & Spector co produced. Poor George had a lot of crazy on that record..