Phil Rudd

beatdat

I did not know this. He would have a legitimate claim that AC/DC is his band, plus some co-writing. Neither of which have i ever heard him claim.
Listen closely, Angus mentions these things quickly and in passing.

I watched it, but I must have missed it. What was it that made you think Rudd may have a stake in the band?

Rock Salad

He mentioned in passing that
a) Phil payed for their space back when
b) he also was a deciding vote for keeping guitar riffs

Weave2112

Somewhat related here - Phil's drum sound on the "For Those About To Rock" album is fantastic - maybe one of the best recorded on any rock album I have ever heard. Not to mention his playing - which is rock solid, as always.

Woolwich

Silver Member
I watched it, but I must have missed it. What was it that made you think Rudd may have a stake in the band?
I didn't interpret it that way either
I heard it as Angus saying Phil thought the riff was cool (which any band member might say of a new riff and didn't suggest that Phil had a casting vote) followed by a pause and the statement "paid the rent" meaning that High Voltage the song has gone on to pay the rent.
All this being said I bought just last week one of the AC/DC books that is widely considered to be one of the definitive biographies and when I get round to reading it I'll happily report back any findings, but I'll say in advance that Angus and Malcolm's older brother George was an established producer and Australian pop star due to his work in The Easybeats. His access to music resources and the close knit nature of the three bothers suggest to me that he would have seen to it that that their rent was covered.