Phil Collins Signature RBDR ride

longgun

Gold Member
Just picked this up in a trade this weekend.....It is a Phil Collins Signature Raw Bell Dry Ride from Sabian. From what I can gather, there were only 2000produced. Mine has a serial number of 1115.

Still not sure about it....I was so used to my A custom flat ride....a whole different animal.

It does sound great, just different from my flat ride. It is nice to have a bell again, and this has one hell of a bell.

I'll give it a few months....

Just like to hear you guys thoughts on the RBDR.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Awesome cymbals! I used to have the HH and AA versions.

Perhaps ironically, I think they are best in medium volume bands (maybe better than about any other cymbal IMO) where their full lushness can be heard. I play mostly in very loud bands, and while their ping is always audible, getting different sounds out of them becomes more of a challenge as crashing on the edge becomes less distinct from smacking the bell or shanking the bow.

That was always my complaint and the biggest reason why I don't have one now. But if it were just me and my drums out in the garage, or me with a milder set of bandmates, I'd still have one.

Awesome cymbals! I used to have the HH and AA versions.

Perhaps ironically, I think they are best in medium volume bands (maybe better than about any other cymbal IMO) where their full lushness can be heard. I play mostly in very loud bands, and while their ping is always audible, getting different sounds out of them becomes more of a challenge as crashing on the edge becomes less distinct from smacking the bell or shanking the bow.

That was always my complaint and the biggest reason why I don't have one now. But if it were just me and my drums out in the garage, or me with a milder set of bandmates, I'd still have one.

Were your cymbals mic'ed?

No, just in the practice room. It's not that I couldn't hear the ping, but the wash, dry as it is, gets swallowed up. I suspect that's part of why RBDRs are so popular. I like to be able to crash my rides and these weren't designed for that.

I love the AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride. I gave mine to my church, and I play it twice a week. Peace and goodwill.

Guys, you can't do this stuff, soundfiles must accompany photo's, haven't you read the rules? You're in violation.

;)

That PC RBDR looks quite bowed compared to mine. Would love to shank that bow. It reminds me of some of the old K profiles. I would love to hear that cymbal, soundfiles please. I love that cymbal (the whole line of em) and have a AA, and AAX and a HH. They all sound great, surprisingly the AA sounds right on par w/ the HH.

Nice score, where's those soundfiles?

The HH RBDR which is based on Phil's model is my favorite ride cymbal that I've ever owned / played. It's certainly not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but it is quite versatile given that it is rather heavy.

Phil's model has become pretty scarce. I know that a recent PC (New in Box) went for $600-700 on eBay when we (DCP) put it up. Not sure of the resale value on used, but I think one way or another, it's something you should hold onto for awhile. Great score!

Guys, you can't do this stuff, soundfiles must accompany photo's, haven't you read the rules? You're in violation.

;)

That PC RBDR looks quite bowed compared to mine. Would love to shank that bow. It reminds me of some of the old K profiles. I would love to hear that cymbal, soundfiles please. I love that cymbal (the whole line of em) and have a AA, and AAX and a HH. They all sound great, surprisingly the AA sounds right on par w/ the HH.

Nice score, where's those soundfiles?

Once I figure out the recording piece......

The HH RBDR which is based on Phil's model is my favorite ride cymbal that I've ever owned / played. It's certainly not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but it is quite versatile given that it is rather heavy.

Phil's model has become pretty scarce. I know that a recent PC (New in Box) went for $600-700 on eBay when we (DCP) put it up. Not sure of the resale value on used, but I think one way or another, it's something you should hold onto for awhile. Great score!

Great, thanks. It is alot heavier than my A customs

Back