Phantom power question

lefty2

Platinum Member
I'm new to micing kinda. Is there something that will provide power for condenser mics on a mixer that doesn't have phantom power? I've got a Peavey XR 700 and some over heads or hi-hat mics I'd like to try.

I have that little Nady box for $20 and it works quite well. I've only used it once or twice though.

How many mics do you have? It might be a better idea to get an actual mixing console. I've seen used Mackie 1402VLZ boards (allows plugging in up to six microphones with phantom power on all of them) for as low as $175 on eBay in pretty good condition.

I have a couple of Carvin pencil-type condensers. The CM90E if I remember correctly. I can put a AA battery inside if there's no phantom power available. There's a switch inside for selecting battery or phantom power. I remove the battery when I'm not using them.

Thanks guys. I checked the link that IDDummer put up. and it looks like I can get a Nady 2 Ch. for around $40. That's not too much. I was afraid that there wasn't such a thing. I only want it for playing around with my own videos, and stuff like that. So I don't think I need a real good one.

Back