Pete Jupp

LiveandDangerous

Any other FM fans here? Aside from the fact that Steve Overland still has one of the greatest AOR voices ever, the band is insanely tight. Jupp and Merv Goldsworthy are an amazing rhythm section. Indiscreet is one of my favourite albums, there isn't a bad song on it. Jupp, especially live, is a really hard hitter and although the parts aren't hugely complex, it is always perfect for the song. Does It Feel Like Love, I Belong to the Night, All Or Nothing, Life Is a Highway - the list goes on.

He also did some brilliant work in the eighties with Samson.

Any other FM fans here? Aside from the fact that Steve Overland still has one of the greatest AOR voices ever, the band is insanely tight. Jupp and Merv Goldsworthy are an amazing rhythm section. Indiscreet is one of my favourite albums, there isn't a bad song on it. Jupp, especially live, is a really hard hitter and although the parts aren't hugely complex, it is always perfect for the song. Does It Feel Like Love, I Belong to the Night, All Or Nothing, Life Is a Highway - the list goes on.

He also did some brilliant work in the eighties with Samson.
A big yup for Jupp from me! I first heard them on “Tough it Out” and how they didn’t break big with that album I’ll never know?! Great band, great drummer! (y) :D

A big yup for Jupp from me! I first heard them on “Tough it Out” and how they didn’t break big with that album I’ll never know?! Great band, great drummer! (y) :D
I know! The vocals on Someday are astonishing! I saw them in a double bill with Dare last year and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to! Incidentally Pete's a lovely bloke too, as are all the band in fact. No other band I've seen has stayed for hours at the bar just chatting to the audience.

FM did a weekly Q&A recently, Pete's one was brilliant, with a lot of insight into the drums he uses, his favourite drummers and why he doesn't like doing drum solos:

Last edited:
I know! The vocals on Someday are astonishing! I saw them in a double bill with Dare last year and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to! Incidentally Pete's a lovely bloke too, as are all the band in fact. No other band I've seen has stayed for hours at the bar just chatting to the audience.

FM did a weekly Q&A recently, Pete's one was brilliant, with a lot of insight into the drums he uses, his favourite drummers and why he doesn't like doing drum solos:

Cheers, really enjoyed that! What a lovely bloke! (y) :) Didn’t realise he got to hold hands with Jeff Porcaro!!??

FM just released a live album, playing the entire Tough It Out album from beginning to end. It's so lovely to hear these tracks, some of which I'm pretty sure have never been played live before. Then disc two dives into some deep cuts. It's rare that a band sounds this good after so many years, in fact they are tighter than they have ever been. Pete Jupp and Merv Goldsworthy are a fantastic rhythm section and of course Steve Overland's voice is one of the best in AOR. All things being well, FM will be the first band I've seen live in over a year and a half, at a festival in July.

Back