Pedals restored and discussed here

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Very cool,thanks for posting that.The DW 5000 pedal is also a direct decendant of the Camco.The original Ludwig speed king was actually introduced in 1937,and then changed to the model we're familiar with in 1950.The basic difference was in the foot board,and how the direct drive connector was attached.

Now if he had an ASBA Caroline pedal,you'd see how little pedal design has changed.All that's truly changed is the amount of adjustments you can make.To me the saying of "the more you over make the plumbing,the easier it is to stuff up the drain" comes to mind.

I still use my 60's Speedking...and it dosen't squeek.:)

Steve B

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Nice Harry.Those were way ahead of their time and were used by a lot of pros in the 60's Ringo even used one instead of the speed king at one time.The top of the upright clamping system was truly innovative

Steve B

Otto

Platinum Member
Anyone using an original Ghost?

I played one once and was surprised at how smooth it was.

Aeolian

Platinum Member
Anyone using an original Ghost?

I played one once and was surprised at how smooth it was.
I played on a fellows Ghost the other week. I was surprised at how good it was. I remembered them as being kind of binding up and rough feeling if you set them tight and really floppy and out of control set loose. This one was set on the looser side but played pretty well.

I saw what looked like a Rodgers Swiv-o-matic pedal sitting there but he didn't break it out. Pity, other than the Camco, that was my favorite pedal in the '70s. Seems to love his squeak-kings though.