Peart Time Machine Snare Shell Note?

P33v3

I really like the sound I heard when Rush came through on the CA Tour. But as I am not a drum collector but instead a player, I don't want destroy such a good looking snare. Can one of you who own the TMT snare what note is stamped on the inside. I plan to order one to the same specs 6.5 X 14 VLT. I just want to make sure I have the same note.

paistepower92

The notes that are on the inside of DW drums are different on each drum because each piece of wood that each drum is made of is a different. The note that is in yours most likely will be different than another of the same model drum.

porter

Platinum Member
The notes that are on the inside of DW drums are different on each drum because each piece of wood that each drum is made of is a different. The note that is in yours most likely will be different than another of the same model drum.
Yup. Since they are the same size, and of similar construction, you'll be able to tune it to a similar (if not almost identical) sound. Just keep in mind that it won't sound exact since it was close-mic'ed and probably some audio manipulation on it.