Pearl World Series?

HUdrummer

My moms boyfriend has a Pearl World Series kit that he would like to give me. I don't really know a lot about these. He said its from the late 80s or early 90s, 7 piece kit ( 3 high toms, 2 low toms, snare & bass), and he said he has around 15 cymbals ( mostly Zildjian A's and Z's) They have been in storage for about ten years. I'm mostly wanting some specs, and reviews on these drums, and I'm also wondering if the age and stuff would effect the sound of the drums. Any help?

Drumolator

Platinum Member
Go to the Pearl drums forum, and your question will be quickly answered. Try the "Vintage Drums" section. From what I remember, those are nice drums. Peace, goodwill, and blues.

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Word series were their mid-level kit from the mid and late 80's. They were discontinued right around 90-91 if I recall right.

Shells were bitch and mahogany.

Very popular sellers at the time.

Good sounding drums.

uniongoon

Gold Member
Free drums and Zildjian cymbals? God what are you thinking? Tell him nooooo way, you dont want them, he needs to contact me and I will arrange for free shipping and proper disposal of these dangerous weapons.

HUdrummer

Does anyone know If the age of the drums will affect them any? They havent moved in years, will they get rusted or anything like that?

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
Does anyone know If the age of the drums will affect them any? They havent moved in years, will they get rusted or anything like that?
Rust depends on if they were exposed to much humility or not.

The drum heads are shot for sure, but everything is mostly likely just fine. Most likely just a good wipe down of all the drums and parts is all that's needed, with some fresh heads.