Pearl World Series?

Wow, that's a steal.

World series were mid-level shells, but with the wrap of the Export line.

Put some new heads on them, and you'll have a good sounding mid-level kit.

Although I'm not sure what is up with the blue bass drum hoop.

Wow, that's a steal.

World series were mid-level shells, but with the wrap of the Export line.

Put some new heads on them, and you'll have a good sounding mid-level kit.

Although I'm not sure what is up with the blue bass drum hoop.

Yeah I noticed that as well but for 75 bucks. Someone is supposed to come pick them up but if they pass he is going to get in touch with me.

My very first kit was a red Pearl World Series 5pc kit. I loved those drums! I had them for about 12 years or so. Grab them if you can and clean them up.

Better luck next time. I like the lugs on that particular series because they are the same lugs used in a variety of drum brands that came from the Pearl factory before they started selling actual Pearl drums. Interestingly enough, I cannot for the life of me find a World Series 14" Floor Tom. I think they made a mounted 14", but there is no floor tom in that size. I saw a 14" mounted tom on ebay once, but they wanted way too much for it.

So if anybody has an old 14" floor tom or mounted tom. I need one. It has to have the World Series style lugs, but I don't care if it says Pearl or Reveille or whatever.

I saw that kit and almost called yesterday. If there weren't already 3 kits here in my house I would have given him at least $100 for it and made the hour trip up for it. If I were you I'd give the guy another call and see if he still has them. Many deals fall through on craigslist. Good luck and let us know if you snag them. Bigd in Central NY

I saw that kit and almost called yesterday. If there weren't already 3 kits here in my house I would have given him at least $100 for it and made the hour trip up for it. If I were you I'd give the guy another call and see if he still has them. Many deals fall through on craigslist. Good luck and let us know if you snag them. Bigd in Central NY

Thanks man, I think im going to call. Im in Watertown where do you live?

Well turns out the guy never sold them. He called last night and I picked them up a hour ago.
photobucket-7310-1329244881275.jpg

Now who can point me in the right direction how how to get these all cleaned up?

Reactions: I-P
I can point you in the right direction...some of this may be overboard, but it is what I did a few months ago for one of my own kits.

1. Remove all of the hardware. I purchased Mother's chrome polish (but you can probably use many other brands) and polished all of the chrome...hoops, lugs...floor tom legs, whatever.

2. Use a mild detergent soap, murphy's oil soap...something...diluted...in warm water and wipe down the shells both inside and out. Go smoothly around the bearing edges with it too...you can also check to make sure those are smooth and intact. If they are bumpy, you might have a problem that will need a professional to recut them.

3. I used a 100% pure carnauba (sp) wax after the shells dried (which shouldn't take long since you should have been wiping them down with a damp cloth and not super wet)...and polished up the outside of the shells.

4. You can consider now waxing the bearing edges. I used a hard beeswax (I think that was it) and went over the bearing edges and buffed them...they will end up extremely smooth and still firm(hard) like the bearing edge should be. KISS (andy) can elaborate more here.

After you buffed the wax/polish off of the bearing edges, shells and chrome, reassemble and man your stuff will look awesome.

Not all of this needs done...but you asked, so I shared what I did :)

I can point you in the right direction...some of this may be overboard, but it is what I did a few months ago for one of my own kits.

1. Remove all of the hardware. I purchased Mother's chrome polish (but you can probably use many other brands) and polished all of the chrome...hoops, lugs...floor tom legs, whatever.

2. Use a mild detergent soap, murphy's oil soap...something...diluted...in warm water and wipe down the shells both inside and out. Go smoothly around the bearing edges with it too...you can also check to make sure those are smooth and intact. If they are bumpy, you might have a problem that will need a professional to recut them.

3. I used a 100% pure carnauba (sp) wax after the shells dried (which shouldn't take long since you should have been wiping them down with a damp cloth and not super wet)...and polished up the outside of the shells.

4. You can consider now waxing the bearing edges. I used a hard beeswax (I think that was it) and went over the bearing edges and buffed them...they will end up extremely smooth and still firm(hard) like the bearing edge should be. KISS (andy) can elaborate more here.

After you buffed the wax/polish off of the bearing edges, shells and chrome, reassemble and man your stuff will look awesome.

Not all of this needs done...but you asked, so I shared what I did :)

Your awesome thanks man, Hopefully I will be posting up before and after pics within the next few months.

Is it possible to do something like this?

The short answer is no. the plys beneath the wrap do not have a nice even looking grain like that, they were meant to be wrapped.they have a real fine, straight grain so they look funny laquered. that being said those are amazing drums, a step above the exports. re-wrap them if anything. also trust me on this..Aquarian studio x heads on that kit and you wont believe the sound!

Ha SCORE!!!!!!! See man told ya they might come through for you . Great score.

BigD (outside Rome)

The short answer is no. the plys beneath the wrap do not have a nice even looking grain like that, they were meant to be wrapped.they have a real fine, straight grain so they look funny laquered. that being said those are amazing drums, a step above the exports. re-wrap them if anything. also trust me on this..Aquarian studio x heads on that kit and you wont believe the sound!
Ok thanks man.

Big D, I got lucky as hell lol. Hopefully they will turn out pretty nice.

These were my Pearl World Series back in the day.
They were amzing drums, Great little find!

Attachments

• Pearl 1992.jpg
    Pearl 1992.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 10,700

Actually the Prestige series was the same shell with laquer and no wrap.

But they did apply the laquer pretty thick so there was little to no wood grain showing, you may still be right on the quality of the grain.

The short answer is no. the plys beneath the wrap do not have a nice even looking grain like that, they were meant to be wrapped.they have a real fine, straight grain so they look funny laquered.

Says who? Lots of people have pulled the wrap off of their drums and done a stain and lacquer finish. Sure, it might be possible that you'll find some ugly wood beneath the wrap, but just as possible that it'll look great. No way to know without trying, however.

Back