Pearl Vision Maple or Birch for Metal/Hard Rock?

Conor_CK

I want to get either a Vision Birch or Maple and I was wondering about people's opinions on which is better for Hard Rock/Metal ( Which is what I play ) before I choose which one

belairien

Silver Member
Birch has a slightly brighter sound, a bit more cut. Maple is a little warmer and mellow. But either should work fine.

Basically it comes down to if you prefer bright or warm.

But in the end, the quality of the drums and head selection will be more important than the wood in a ply drum shell.
Pearl makes great drums in any range. But I'm not a fan of the mounts on the vision series.

M

Matt Bo Eder

The Pearl Vision line has been discontinued altogether. Are you searching for used or NOS kits?

If you're looking for new, the Decade Maple series would be a better bet. But Gene Hogan uses the Session Studio Classic series and those sound great if you want birch.

Personally, in that genre, if it's mic'ed up, it doesn't really matter what it is.

eclipseownzu

Gold Member
Here is my take. If you play small places where your kit isnt mic'd I would go with birch. It is a little brighter and in my opinion cuts through better. Just something to keep in mind.

JuHiZz

The Pearl Vision line has been discontinued altogether. Are you searching for used or NOS kits?

If you're looking for new, the Decade Maple series would be a better bet. But Gene Hogan uses the Session Studio Classic series and those sound great if you want birch.

Personally, in that genre, if it's mic'ed up, it doesn't really matter what it is.

Is not discontinued..??