Pearl sTODDio drum kit

@carcrusher, how many kits do you have available, and what are your biggest movers? Ever get endorsers who use brands you don’t have available? Do you work it out with the company or just sub out something you have already?

There are 18 kits here. About 50 snares. EVERY cymbal you can name (almost, Zildjian and Sabian just came out with a new ??? EFX cymbal yesterday LoL). A few kits have multiple kick sizes so they're bucks-up and versatile. Some are legacy, like this Pearl and the Omni-Tune and really belong in a high-end studio, I admit that, but I had to have them as a comparison, and whoa what a difference.

Trust me boys, Night and Day. Mic them up with some 4099's and a good PA (obviously a world-class drummer) and stand back. It'll change your drum-life. Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck and I've heard it all.

Rider requests are pretty much Yamaha #1 (very consistent quality) DW #2 (high end is consistent). Pearl #3 and Tama #4. Hardly EVER see Sonor but Mapex is a surprising #5 and Gretsch at #6. I sometimes get custom drum maker requests like C&C, Orange County, SJC but I can't stock that stuff. It just does not pay for itself. They will accept alternatives or they'll bring them, OR I will not get the gig.

These are MY region type acts (Gospel, Rock, Country, Jazz, Top 40 bands, all national acts) and I'm sure if I were in a different location that lineup would change. And yes, the endorsement plays a crucial part of the brand call. Endorsements are hard won and these players can't be photographed playing another brand without jeopardizing that endorsement.

Some are legacy, like this Pearl and the Omni-Tune and really belong in a high-end studio, I admit that, but I had to have them as a comparison, and whoa what a difference.

Trust me boys, Night and Day. Mic them up with some 4099's and a good PA (obviously a world-class drummer) and stand back. It'll change your drum-life. Makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck and I've heard it all.

This makes me happy. After all the threads trashing high end stuff as a waste of money, it’s nice to read about someone who appreciates the difference and demands that level of gear as tools of the profession.

Oh it happened. Baby it happened. My wife don't know it yet.
You can believe what a 64 year old tells you.

That is FREAKING awesome and man....a good backline company is THE BEST THING EVER on the road. God bless what you do man haha

Very cool!! - Hey if you ever want to retire and sell that backline business, DM me haha

Back