Pearl Session Studio Classic

jeffc

Anyone hear about Pearl's new kit? It's has a birch-kapur-birch sandwich shell that's based on the original Pearl Sessions. Can anyone tell me how the original Sessions sound? How versatile they are? I've been looking to make an upgrade and was thinking about the DW performance series, but these looking promising too. Plus they are cheaper. I've seen a 4 piece shell pack on sale at $1069

www.facebook.com/SessionStudioClassic

Artstar

Platinum Member
The original one was actually the luan wood with birch inner. Kapur is different from this I believe.

These are thicker than the Performance. If you like the thinner sound, I would look at the DW/PDP Concept Maple. VERY low price.

RobertM

Platinum Member
Pearl needs to get some video files posted of the new Sessions. I think there are still no clips online of this kit being demonstrated. How it sounds, who knows!?

jeffc

@artstar Thanks for the info. They say the kapur is an "upgrade" from the luan. I'm always forgetting about PDP as an option... and the drums you mention are indeed quite a steal

@RobertM Yeah I'm still waiting for just one video or clip of someone playing on them. Maybe Pearl should air freight a set to those video-crazy fellas at memphis drum shop

RobertM

Platinum Member
Any updates on how these kits sound? Any video footage online? Quality of the kits?

Pearl's really dropped the ball regarding the SSCs--very little information and promotion about the kit aside from the banal, simple stuff at NAMM.