Pearl Session Custom 14x5.5 All Maple Snare drum info

madhermit

So I picked up one of these for what I think is a decent price. $197 CDN, or $150 USD. I think it is the older Session series drums that were made with Masters series shells. It’s a 8 lug snare which I like, and I think it sounds great. Way more than I would expect for what I paid. There is very little info about these drums, especially the snare as I guess they were gone before forums really got to be a thing.

Can those with more experience chime in with what they know please? The studio I worked at for 10 years had a kit of these, but not the snare, and the kit was huge sounding.

If it's got the same shell as a Pearl MCX, then it's a keeper.

I play my Pearl MCX with everything I have.

I was jamming last night with it. I haven’t even put a new head on it and it sounds killer. This thing was a bargain!

Found one of these at a thrift store. They were asking $100. Was able to get it for $65 with discounts. Came with a stand and case.
I cleaned it up and put some Remo’s on it and it sounds really great.

Found one of these at a thrift store. They were asking $100. Was able to get it for $65 with discounts. Came with a stand and case.
I cleaned it up and put some Remo’s on it and it sounds really great.

That is a steal in my opinion. I really like this drum. It has been getting more play time than my Dunnett brass!

Is this the same snare drum on this used kit? This seems like a steal for anyone living in the Chicago area. It's been listed for 3 years, crazy.

Is this the same snare drum on this used kit? This seems like a steal for anyone living in the Chicago area. It's been listed for 3 years, crazy.
Boy, that is a great deal. I'm not a Pearl devotee, but even I would be very, very tempted by that price. Hard to believe that it hasn't sold.

And both of you guys got good deals on those snares. I'll bet they sound great.

GeeDeeEmm

Back