Pearl Remote Hit Hat Problem

bferreira.info

Hello everybody.

yesterday i was playing and my foot board just fall to the ground, i checked to see what happened and i saw that the chain separated from the base(see below).

At the base there's a thin iron rod that's connected to the cable and has a screw to attached the footboard. I tried to pull that rod with the help of pliers, it moves, but not sufficient to attach the chain of the footboard to it.

Does any one have a clue how to attach this thing back?

1583277520553.png
1583276914625.png

Last edited:

roncadillac

Total shot in the dark here: doesn't that housing have a tension adjustment? You may have to take all the tension off the cable to have more 'play' or slack.

bferreira.info

Total shot in the dark here: doesn't that housing have a tension adjustment? You may have to take all the tension off the cable to have more 'play' or slack.
hahahah that's a good guess, but i already tried =(
it's does help a little at the maximum slack but it's soo dam heavy and i don't know the maximum distance that this can take without turn apart the cable, i hope there's a another safe solution.

anyway thanks for the response buddy!

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Another shot in the dark here. Pearl likes to keep things simple amongst their hardware. Lots of things crossover. That piece at the end of the chain looks identical to the piece at the end of the chain on a kick pedal, the part that attaches at the footboard. It's held on by a short drumkey screw. Look up into the stand and see if there is a threaded hole. If so, I bet that's it. Check your floor for the screw if so.

Looking at the pic some more, that's totally it. The other end of the chain is the same as the cam attachment on a pedal. Your screw fell out.