Pearl remote hi hat

Good Karma

I had two. Very good engineering. But then I gig a lot and schlepping that thing around is just not fun. It’s like having a double pedal - just more stuff to move considering how much gear I actually use for a job.
Thanks

Justinhub2003

I just added one to my kit and I absolutely love it.

I’m using it to control 18” Meinl Deep Hats and they feel like there is no lag at all.

I know Danny Carey from tool uses the Pearl remote hat stand for his primary hats and his foot work is insane with them.

K Chez

Also have one and love it! Great action, top quality that you'd expect from Pearl. I don't have any experience with any other brands, but the Pearl was much less expensive than the Tama or DW.

dwsabianguy

I'd put the Pearl and DW at the top of the list of remote hihat stands. I own a DW 9000 cable remote hihat stand and it's nothing if not sturdy. The Pearl is just as hefty, with the added potential bonus of the interchangeable cams (I prefer a direct pull hihat stand), and the lower footboard angle if that's what you prefer. Dale's Drum Shop had a Tama cable hihat when I was in there a little over a week ago, and the cable seemed thin and prone to flexing.

About a year and a half ago I got a Peace cable hihat stand which was pretty much useless, but then again I did get it used and not-quite-well-cared-for.

Last edited:

Justinhub2003

Also have one and love it! Great action, top quality that you'd expect from Pearl. I don't have any experience with any other brands, but the Pearl was much less expensive than the Tama or DW.

Danny Carey from tool uses a remote hat setup exclusively and he has no affiliation with Pearl at all and he chooses these remote hats as well as Pearl Eliminators.

With the kinda intricate hi hat work he does, I’d imagine he’s tested them all and chooses Pearl

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
Danny Carey from tool uses a remote hat setup exclusively and he has no affiliation with Pearl at all and he chooses these remote hats as well as Pearl Eliminators.

With the kinda intricate hi hat work he does, I’d imagine he’s tested them all and chooses Pearl

Same with Harry Miree of Lo Cash. He does an open handed set up and uses the Pearl X-Hat. Loves it!