Pearl Reference Pure, anyone???

ShadoWReX

Have seen lots of ads and a couple of YouTube(s) for this new series. Does anyone have a set or has played them? Am intrigued with the thinner shells and wondering how they sound and compare to the original Reference Series.

Wick

I've honestly never been too impressed by the Pearl Reference- it might just be my ignorance, or my being inexperienced, but I'd much rather have a Masters kit.

A

audiotech

I answered this question on your other thread in "your place".

Dennis

wsabol

Gold Member
Compared to the other modern multi-material-ply high end kits on the market like the Yamaha PHX, and the Remo bop kit, I am most impressed by Pearl's Reference series. Its much easier to buy into the concepts and theories applied to the deign of the Reference kit than the others I listed. I have never considered this Pearl kit because of the thickness of the shells. A 7.5 mm tom is too thick for me.

This is the first I've heard of this kit and but after hearing about the thinner shells, I'm so down. If I find myself wanting a kit like this. I'm definitely getting a Reference Pure.

Nodiggie

Gold Member
Haven't played the kit but the Ref snare with Fat Hoops are very impressive. Still going to pick one up when I get the chance.