Pearl Professional Dlx Series Drum kit w Extras for 1,000 euro - worth it?

Duckenheimer

The specs of the kit are right up my alley,

- 18” Bass drum
- Floor Tom
- 12” & 13” Toms
- TAMA Swing Star Snare Drum
- 3 Boom Stands
- 1 Rigid Stand
- Hi-Hat Stand & Pedal
- Bass Drum Pedal
- 18” Zildjian Ride
- 20” Zildjian Ride
- 16” Zildjian Ride
- 2 X Pearl Hi-Hats 14”
- 1 X Sabian Hi-Hats 14”
- 1 X Paiste Hi-Hats 14”
- 1 X Paiste Crash 16”
- 1 X Paiste Splash 10”
- 1 X Paiste Splash 12”

As well as
Fixtures
Cowbells
Sticks
Leather Cymbal Case
Clamps

It's second hand, apparently the front rim of the bass drum has a crack but the rest is in good nick. I will be up to see the kit (70 miles to travel) if you guys think it's worth it the 1,000 if the condition of the drums is good?

I know they are discontinued and meant to have been great kits but I do want to avoid any pitfalls of a newb buyer (been playing for a while, but still on a fourth hand 200 euro Hohner set...)

HokosPokos

I don't know what a used Dlx kit goes for now but you should check what series the cymbals is.

Don't think it's a good deal only because you get alot of stuff, I nearly made that mistake myself buying my first kit (ended up buying a new Tama superstar kit for around €1,000).

motleyh

I can't comment on the price, but the DLX's were pretty nice drums back in their day. Be aware that they're about 25 years old now. The shells are birch inside and outside with a cheap mahogany in the middle -- a nice beefy sound with great bottom end but still a fair amount of attack. But I'm wondering about the sizes -- 12 and 13 rack toms seem kind of big when combined with an 18" kick drum.

ilikedrummers

This set of gear is now available of €600 on drummingireland.ie

The leather cymbal case has gone though.

It has to be a bargain at 600!!

Duckenheimer

This set of gear is now available of €600 on drummingireland.ie

The leather cymbal case has gone though.

It has to be a bargain at 600!!
I ended up getting a five piece Sonor S Class Maple for €700 instead. (specs: 8, 10, 12, 14, 20), with AA cymbals purchased separately and am extremely happy with it all. Just need to replace the stock resonant heads and snap up some new hi hats, but it already sounds on par with the best I've ever sat behind.

Though this set of gear in the OP is here: http://www.drummingireland.com/viewthread.php?tid=7109

drummingireland.ie does not exist!

Last edited: