Pearl Powershifter double bass drum pedal good starter?

The powershifter allows you to move the heel plate backwards or forwards, adjusting the footboard angle and action. My pedal is one. I have it set all the way back. It sorta turns a shortboard into a longboard, sorta. I like it. It goes fast.

Which one is it? Post a picture if you can.

It's a pretty decent pedal. Certainly not as fine-tunable as their more expensive models ..... but it has the most "necessary" features of the more expensive pedals. Personally .... I don't "need" a pedal that has infinity adjustability. I keep basically setting up all my pedals to feel like my old Camco by Tama pedal. My past favorites ..... the DW 5000, Yamaha Flying Dragon direct drive, Sleishman double pedal ..... and currently my new fav., the Pearl P930/932.

Well, certainly budget plays a part in what equipment we play ..... sometimes a big part. I'm sure those will be just fine as your first double pedal.

It's a good pedal. I have the same, just the older model without the rubber grips on the footboard. It gets hell beat out of it each time I play. It will do everything you ask of it. It's a good investment.

I bought mine used 5 years ago and have had no issues with the pedals themselves. The driveshaft on mine is starting to get sloppy, but that's normal for most doubles. You won't be disappointed.

A great pedal for the money & I used one for 20 years :)

The powershifter allows you to move the heel plate backwards or forwards, adjusting the footboard angle and action. My pedal is one. I have it set all the way back. It sorta turns a shortboard into a longboard, sorta. I like it. It goes fast.

Which one is it? Post a picture if you can.

Your Pearl Pedal according to my measurement method: Rear 8.5, middle 8.75, front 8.9.

Back