Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Agreed. It does seem smooth and almost like I could play faster on it that normal, but I think I'm going to stick with my Axis pedals for now.

I've never played on Axis before. Ive seen the prices, which makes me think they must be pretty good pedals. I also think they look pretty slick. How do they compare to Cobras and DW 5000's?

Axis is direct drive like demon drive, so it feels quicker than chain drive pedals. Almost like the foot board is glued to your foot. Axis pedals are pretty light also. Iron cobra & DW are probolly easier to adjust though.
I considered trading my pedals in at guitar center for the demon drive for about two seconds but i didn't feel like adjusting to a new pedal agian. I had old school pearl eliminators before axis, the elims were good pedals but i feel more control with the Axis. I honestly don't know what pedal is better or not, but i'm used to mine so thats what i'll go with.

Well I guess I'll probably stay away from Axis then. I don't like the feel of the direct drive. I feel I have no control with those types of pedals. Sure I can play ridiculously fast with them, but I'm not into the whole straight 32nd notes thing.

Since I've never bought a direct drive pedal before I think I'm going with the Demon Drive. Pearl stuff is easy to use and they always include nice accessories.

Back