Pearl P3000D Eliminator Demon Drive Bass Pedals

Daphfz

theres a few vids on youtube :). i dont know why they are so expensive tho :-|, i bet some guy with a broken chain drive pedal, came up with the design in his garage lol, seriously, you could make one, really easy :).

Wavelength

Platinum Member
seriously, you could make one, really easy :).
Yeah, all you need is a supply of aluminum, some smoother-than-average bearings and an array of various small parts, a CNC machine tool, and a few hours at the workshop. No biggie!

Seriously!

pix

Why not just buy a Trick Pedal, looks the same and similar price. Pearls pedal sales must have been feeling some heat from Trick.

T

trkdrmr

The orange takes it out of the cool/elegant zone of axis and trick and places it into the "halloween" zone.

T

trkdrmr

I love my Taye XP-1. Although not a direct drive it can be adjusted on every plane and is half the cash.
I just tried one today while waiting to pick up my Gibraltar hihat stand.

They are indeed built like a tank and I like them better than IC or eliminators. There is something "monster truck" about them.

elliotdrummer7227

i have never heard of taye pedals before but they look weird in a good way!

is this the end of chain drives?
axis yamaha trick pearl,...................

NO!

=D

FM53

I ordered a P3000D on Wednesday and it should arrive this afternoon. (2 day shipping) I currently have a 2002C but I have been waiting for this pedal to become available since I first heard, and then read about it. I checked out both Trick and Axis and agree that they were overpriced (along with the Demon) . But the Demon has a combination of both of their characteristics integrated into its design and a few extras of its own that I was intrigued about. One being the convertible footboard and another being the two-position beater stroke adjustment. I will check it out and let you drummers know. I have 60 days to test drive it and can send it back if not happy with it for any reason.

freebirdgdw

Silver Member
There are sooo many advertisements in magazines etc for these pedals. I think Pearl have got big plans for it.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
i have never heard of taye pedals before but they look weird in a good way!

is this the end of chain drives?
axis yamaha trick pearl,...................

NO!

=D
As long as people don't want to spend 300.00 for a pedal there will be chain drives. Funny thing, it takes more work to manufacture a chain than it does a piece of straight rod. If you want expensive, they will stay expensive.

Drummertist

Silver Member
I can't stand the aesthetic of it. Did Pearl really have to make it look like a futuristic rotary dial telephone and with UGLY orange?

I'll stick with Trick. It's only $6 more for a Single Pedal and it has a compression spring.

Pavlos

Why is a compression spring better than a regular one? I'm still agonizing over wihch pedal to pick. I like the Trick and the DD.

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
As long as people don't want to spend 300.00 for a pedal there will be chain drives. Funny thing, it takes more work to manufacture a chain than it does a piece of straight rod. If you want expensive, they will stay expensive.
Of course it does, it also takes more engineering know how to design a model T ford than a piece of rebar for a building, what is your point? (Plus you can clearly see it's NOT a straight rod either)

TurboThom

The orange takes it out of the cool/elegant zone of axis and trick and places it into the "halloween" zone.
This had me laughing.

I tried a demon drive a few days ago, and it didn't really pop out as any kind of amazing wonder pedal. Just a lot of marketing hype, IMO

mrchattr

Gold Member
I am not a person who gives into hype. Last weekend, I went to the Sam Ash in King Of Prussia, and they had a Demon Drive Double Pedal set up on one of the kits, and I didn't even bother looking at it, because I figure it's all hype and advertising right now. Then, as I was leaving, the guy from the store was hitting on my singer, and trying to stall for more time with her, and said, "Hey, have you had a go on the new Demon Drive? Best pedal ever, and I hate Pearl." Even then, I was like, "Yeah, here's a guy trying to make a commission." But I sat down on the kit...

...and was blown away. It's a miracle I didn't spend the money right then and there and walk out of the store with one. It honestly was like I could play anything my mind envisioned. Double bass is not my strongest thing as a drummer, but I found I could FLY on the Demon Drive. Fly. I also could do rudiments and such, like flam-paradiddles, easier than I can on my Iron Cobra. Anything I thought of, my feet just did, perfectly. My singer finally ditched the guy and came over and said, "I've never heard you play like that." Again, I don't use a ton of double bass at all, so that's not a huge surprise, but it's true. I have NEVER played a piece of gear that I thought made me better before this. It's always been, "Oh, that's more comfortable," or "Oh, I like that feeling," but I have NEVER found a piece of gear that I felt made me a better drummer...until this pedal.

I haven't gotten one yet, because frankly it's a lot of money on something that I will rarely ever use. But man, if I had a ton of cash in my life, I would own one instantly.

zambizzi

Platinum Member
I am not a person who gives into hype. Last weekend, I went to the Sam Ash in King Of Prussia, and they had a Demon Drive Double Pedal set up on one of the kits, and I didn't even bother looking at it, because I figure it's all hype and advertising right now. Then, as I was leaving, the guy from the store was hitting on my singer, and trying to stall for more time with her, and said, "Hey, have you had a go on the new Demon Drive? Best pedal ever, and I hate Pearl." Even then, I was like, "Yeah, here's a guy trying to make a commission." But I sat down on the kit...

...and was blown away. It's a miracle I didn't spend the money right then and there and walk out of the store with one. It honestly was like I could play anything my mind envisioned. Double bass is not my strongest thing as a drummer, but I found I could FLY on the Demon Drive. Fly. I also could do rudiments and such, like flam-paradiddles, easier than I can on my Iron Cobra. Anything I thought of, my feet just did, perfectly. My singer finally ditched the guy and came over and said, "I've never heard you play like that." Again, I don't use a ton of double bass at all, so that's not a huge surprise, but it's true. I have NEVER played a piece of gear that I thought made me better before this. It's always been, "Oh, that's more comfortable," or "Oh, I like that feeling," but I have NEVER found a piece of gear that I felt made me a better drummer...until this pedal.

I haven't gotten one yet, because frankly it's a lot of money on something that I will rarely ever use. But man, if I had a ton of cash in my life, I would own one instantly.
WOW...Joe...that's *quite* a solid endorsement. I bought my DW 5000 AD3 a couple of years ago and haven't so much as looked at another pedal since. But...if you're entirely serious here...maybe I'll check it out.