Pearl or Taye?

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I like pictures, it avoids the confusion that comes from people who aren't so good with the words.
I have one older Pearl Tom arm now the other I have Gyrolock -you use a key I like better larger range and control of position.

J-W

I like pictures, it avoids the confusion that comes from people who aren't so good with the words.

Thank you. I'm just a meat-head "Luddite" and don't do words good. ;)

I thought that maybe at some point in time Pearl used L-rods and I wasn't aware of it.

Armor of Light

Taye is definitely still in business and still making great drums!
I'd love to add another 24" and a 12" to my existing kit. I found a 12"..but no luck yet on a 24". Apparently, the finish is the same as on another Taye model, so I could get lucky. Plus, that logo..It's certainly one of the most stylish. Cool enough to stand out a bit. I assume they sell plenty of kits elsewhere, while in the US still less prominent.

Super Phil

I'd love to add another 24" and a 12" to my existing kit. I found a 12"..but no luck yet on a 24". Apparently, the finish is the same as on another Taye model, so I could get lucky. Plus, that logo..It's certainly one of the most stylish. Cool enough to stand out a bit. I assume they sell plenty of kits elsewhere, while in the US still less prominent.

What finish is it?

Ricky006

I'll be the ? here. The pipe arm double tom holder has been around since the early 70s. It has a long history, is highly copied, is super sturdy, works just fine, and you dont like it. That does not make it junk.
Thank you for your reply and maybe I forgot to mention but that is strictly just my opinion

Tone Laborer

I didn't know Taye was pronounced Tie, but given it's drum gear, of course it is.

cbphoto

Gold Member
No kidding. They don't do anything with their social media either. I've offered to take over that for them, but they haven't taken me up on it yet.
Business must be good.