Pearl H150S Hihat Stand Question

VandelayNJ

I have the Pearl H150S hihat stand - flat-base with swiveling legs. I also have a 150 series cymbal stand that has the reversible legs allowing either the flat-base or regular tripod. Pearl says all 150 series hardware has these reversible legs and the hihat stand came with the drum key as well as a small allen wrench that fits the small hex screws on the stand.

However, after loosening a bunch of things around the hihat legs, I can't figure out how to get the legs off and so I'm thinking perhaps the hihat stand legs aren't reversible. Anyone have any more knowledge of this? Can the legs be reversed and, if so, how? I've contacted Pearl and am also awaiting their response.

VandelayNJ

Heard back from Pearl very quickly and the hihat stand Is the only one in that hardware line whose legs cannot be reversed as it would be problematic for the pedal system. That said, I'm still very happy with the stand as an excellent lightweight alternative to my iron cobra lever glide.

synchro

I have the Pearl H150S hihat stand - flat-base with swiveling legs. I also have a 150 series cymbal stand that has the reversible legs allowing either the flat-base or regular tripod. Pearl says all 150 series hardware has these reversible legs and the hihat stand came with the drum key as well as a small allen wrench that fits the small hex screws on the stand.

However, after loosening a bunch of things around the hihat legs, I can't figure out how to get the legs off and so I'm thinking perhaps the hihat stand legs aren't reversible. Anyone have any more knowledge of this? Can the legs be reversed and, if so, how? I've contacted Pearl and am also awaiting their response.
I had the exact same question about the pedal. I loosed the screw for the very bottom piece but it didn't moved a single milimeter.

I found a user that posted some pictures showing he was able to flip the base. He even stated that the stand became more stable by fliping the base.

Here are the pictures he posted:
IMG_20180329_181644.jpgIMG_20180329_181710.jpg

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
It isnt made to flip, but you can fairly easily. Here is how:

The post the tripod assembly slides on, remove the screw at the top where it attaches to the body of the stand. With the screw removed, separate the post from the body. There is a locking collar that holds the tripod on the rod, its directly above the bottom of the tripod. Loosen the screw and remove the tripod and collar from the post. Flip the tripod over, and reinstall it and the locking collar back on the post. Dont lock the collar yet. Reinstall the post and legs assembly back onto the stand and reinstall the screw at the top. Once the post is secure, you can now lock the collar back in place. Done.

synchro

It isnt made to flip, but you can fairly easily. Here is how:

The post the tripod assembly slides on, remove the screw at the top where it attaches to the body of the stand. With the screw removed, separate the post from the body. There is a locking collar that holds the tripod on the rod, its directly above the bottom of the tripod. Loosen the screw and remove the tripod and collar from the post. Flip the tripod over, and reinstall it and the locking collar back on the post. Dont lock the collar yet. Reinstall the post and legs assembly back onto the stand and reinstall the screw at the top. Once the post is secure, you can now lock the collar back in place. Done.

Thanks for answering! I've removed the screw from the top, but I wasn't able to separate the post from the body. It doesn't move. Maybe I need some WD-40?

synchro

I've removed the screw from the piece that attaches the body to the stand, but I'm not able to separate the post from the body. It doesn't move even a bit.2020-05-09 16.44.50.jpg

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
They are typically pressed in. The screw is added security. Look for another screw at the bottom. If none, you should be able to twist it free. Lock the legs to the post and turn them if needed.

Remember, someone assembled this. It does come apart. Collapse the stand too. It will fall down once that post is out.

synchro

They are typically pressed in. The screw is added security. Look for another screw at the bottom. If none, you should be able to twist it free. Lock the legs to the post and turn them if needed.

Remember, someone assembled this. It does come apart. Collapse the stand too. It will fall down once that post is out.
Thanks! I was able to flip it, but I had to remove the bottom piece.

Thanks!

Attachments

Trip McNealy

Gold Member
Wow I have to try this on my H150S! BTW, I find this HH stand to be excellent all-around for the price in the "flat based" category - lightweight, swivel legs, tension adjustment, and just the right amount of tube thickness to keep it light but allows clamps and other things to be mounted off of it and not tip over or wobble. I keep my TAMA Cobra HH at home I love the Pearl so much!