Pearl Eliminator beater angle adjustment

Can this be done independent of the foot-board angle? I just bought a set of these and if the foot-boards are the same angle, then the beaters are way off. It's making me a bit mad.

I'm sitting here staring at it... I know I can adjust the beater and foot-board at the same time with the two little clamps on either side of the master pedal, but there's no way to adjust the beater independently.

I just can't understand how they would possibly claim this is the most adjustable pedal in the world if this is the case, so someone please tell me I'm crazy.

Paradiddlediddle666

Can this be done independent of the foot-board angle? I just bought a set of these and if the foot-boards are the same angle, then the beaters are way off. It's making me a bit mad.

I'm sitting here staring at it... I know I can adjust the beater and foot-board at the same time with the two little clamps on either side of the master pedal, but there's no way to adjust the beater independently.

I just can't understand how they would possibly claim this is the most adjustable pedal in the world if this is the case, so someone please tell me I'm crazy.
You're crazy. j/k...

To adjust the footboard height, loosen the key bolt that attaches the chain (or belt) to the cam assembly, you'll see that there's a receiving nut that's on a sliding track. That track moves forward (toward you) and backward (away from you). Slide the nut/key bolt/chain/strap to the desired position. Retighten bolt. Drum on. Hope this helped.

PDD666

Unfortunately it's not. When I set the beater angle at the exact same point from the drum head, the foot boards are way off. In fact one needs to be at the highest setting and one at the lowest setting and they are still ever so slightly off.

Paradiddlediddle666

Unfortunately it's not. When I set the beater angle at the exact same point from the drum head, the foot boards are way off. In fact one needs to be at the highest setting and one at the lowest setting and they are still ever so slightly off.
Loosen the spring assembly and allow the tension to go slack and let the beater rest against the bass drum head. Now loosen the key bolt that adjusts the footboard height and let that go slack (so that the footboard lays flat on the pedal stabilizer plate). That should give you an even starting point to work from.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Adjust your beater as stated. If your pedals are still not even, and the power shifter feature is the same on both sides, check the chain. You can adjust the length of the chain at either attachment point by unscrewing the mount, then moving the chain a link or two.