PDP or Sonor???

I am looking at spending no more than $8-900 for a home-studio set.

Looking at the Pdp Concept series with a 16x20 BD or a Sonor Jungle Kit, 16x16 BD.

Never played such small kick drum, but the other day I experienced a 16x16 Sonor and I was blown away. Very deep and punchy. I was sold.

I was leaning towards the Pdp mainly for the DW name behind it. However, after days of internet searches and reviews with comparisons, amazingly the Sonor brand seems to carry more accolades.

I was going to seek opinions here. However, after reading what I just wrote, I believe I answered my own question/concerns

Thanks Guys...

I have emailed a couple of Sonor Dealers to see if individual add-ons can be purchased, in lieu of a 'whole' kit.

I'd rather put together my own Be-bop set.

Looking for a 18x16 kick instead of the 16x16

Thanks Guys...

I have emailed a couple of Sonor Dealers to see if individual add-ons can be purchased, in lieu of a 'whole' kit.

I'd rather put together my own Be-bop set.

Looking for a 18x16 kick instead of the 16x16

Many many places sell it with the 18". DO a Google Shopping search for "Sonor Bop Kit 18".

http://www.ruppsdrums.com/item/Sonor-Bop-Red-Galaxy-Sparkle-Drum-Set-37673?source=googlefeedrupps&gclid=CNus7Lmd7rYCFStyQgodfRcALQ

And yes, I'd take Sonor over PDP any old day of the week.

I'm fairly happy with my PDP X-7 kit. The only exception is the snare, because I can't seem to get it to sound exactly like I want. Otherwise I'm real happy with it. I used to wonder how it projected, but last week I let my friend's son play in my garage, and that sucker was booming - sounded really sweet. My X7 has a 22" bass and it gets the job done. You should be able to pick up a lightly used X7 for the price range you are looking for. The new PDP X7 shell packs are selling for $1000:

http://www.x8drums.com/PDP-X7-Serie...x722lxxx.htm?gclid=COmyq7i_7rYCFUOe4Aod3g4AHA

I'd take most kits over a PDP. I had a Pearl Export kit that sounded better than pretty much every PDP kit I ever heard. Maybe it's just because I knew how to tune and put good heads on it, but still.

I play Sonor's nice German made kits. That being said the bass drum on the cheap "bop" kit sounded darn good. Also the jungle kit has not let me down.

I gave my Bop kit away but I would honestly gig just that bass drum snare and some pies for smaller stuff. Tuned right I just loved the sounds I could get out of that little thing.

I have a pdp x7 and it is amazing. Pdp is the sister company of dw. Dw is the ferrari of drums. The hardware on the pdp is amazing. Plus the new concept series is an all maple kit! Mine is an all maple and i use evans onyx heads and the thing sounds amazing.

Back