PDP equivalent throw-off? Anyone???

rtliquid

I've been looking for a replacement throw-off for my PDP CX maple snare. The mounting holes (2) are vertically spaced 1 3/8". The replacement doesn't have to be PDP or DW - I just want decent quality and I don't want to drill new holes. Can someone/anyone PLEASE help me? I've contacted my retailer where I bought my kit, the PDP website, another local retailer/friend, ebay. I don't know where else to turn. Thx, guys.

zarrdoss

Gold Member
You could put a DW mag throw on it, same company and it should fit your holes exactly, you might have to make them larger though.

rtliquid

Zarrdoss, are you kinda maybe pretty sure on that? I don't mind enlarging what's there ... just don't want to move / elongate / ovalize / whatever. Do you know where I can get the specs/dimensions?

zarrdoss

Gold Member
does your stock strainer look like this?

if so thats what came on my PDP Ace snare and I replaced it with a DW mag throw, fit right up with larger holes that is.

Last edited:

zarrdoss

Gold Member
Your welcome. I feel its the best for the money and then some. Musicians friend has them for $30.

zarrdoss

Gold Member
Good choice, generally you will need longer snare wire cord strap or whatever you use with this strainer, post some pics when you get it installed.