Pay-What-You-Want downloads from Billy Ward

billy ward

DW Pro Drummer
Hey folks,

I have two “Christmas presents” available at my website starting sometime tomorrow, December 24th (and onward):

One is the audio from my Trio’s final day of rehearsal for the MD Drum Fest. It comprises of 8 songs, recorded simply but accurately through two mics.
The other is a video download of some of the songs from our long set at The Cutting Room in New York City, taped two days before our Festival appearance.

Each of these two downloads displays a lot of what I am doing when I play this music than perhaps anything else that’s ever been out there in public!

I am very excited about these two releases and hope you check them out. They are available as “pay what you want” downloads (ala Radiohead).

Upon your listening or viewing, I look forward to further discussion about them.

I hope you enjoy them both!

There will be a link on my home page, but right now, you can view it here: http://www.billyward.com/index_trio.html

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!
-Billy

PS - Bernhard, and all of you, wishing you Happy Holidays!

man im broke but i'd love to check it out

were you the guy at modern drummer fest (2000?) that did the little solo hitting the drums with your hands?

ddam - OK. take it for free - and pay later if you got something out of it.
Yeah, I'm that guy - MD fest 08 too - it'll be out in March. you're welcome Hudson Music! :D

Let's go! I didn't do this for nothing...

ddam - OK. take it for free - and pay later if you got something out of it.
Yeah, I'm that guy - MD fest 08 too - it'll be out in March. you're welcome Hudson Music! :D

Let's go! I didn't do this for nothing...

i knew i recognized your glasses.
i loved your part man. i guess i have to get MD fest 08.

I'm checking out the videos right now! Nice job! It seems like this was shot with drummers in mind, focusing on you from behind the kit, so we can check out your great playing. I'm gonna get 'em all. Thanks Billy!
-Jeff

You recorded that with two mics!? Was it live or done with overdubs? It sounds great: the recording and especially the music. I just listened to part of one of them right now, but when I finally get paid I'll buy them all.

I'm checking out the videos right now! Nice job! It seems like this was shot with drummers in mind, focusing on you from behind the kit, so we can check out your great playing. I'm gonna get 'em all. Thanks Billy!
-Jeff

JJ - thanks. Yeah, we went for instructional instead of snazzy. Also, my film editor is not only incredibly talented, he's a drummer and former student of mine.

----

Der, yeah, the rehearsal audio is two mics -and live. No overdubs- that's it. That is how we sounded in that (very live) room. The video is also essentially two mics since, while we used more mics - it was the two up front that I ended up using. I also had two mics in the back of the room, but the crowd noise was too excessive - and the board tape generally was kind of.. ugly sounding - too harsh, crappy mics and too many of them. So I used the two up front.

thanks -

This is cool, great to see some players are checking out the videos.
I like the simplicity of the video and audio. I was going for that edit that drummers want to see - so many great performances I've seen, and I'm wondering why the camera is on the guitar player's left hand while the drummer is soloing..!
This is a cool way to check out Billy's approach - it's all stuff we can use on any gig! I hope more people check it out.

Bumping this for the New Year. Folks - check this stuff out! I am leading the horse to water, and hoping he takes a drink!

Back