Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al cover

rhumbagirl

Ah, very nice Kai!! What kind of snare is that? Love that fat sound! Tell us about the kick sound - head, tuning, pedal, beater. I'm seeing a lot of movement in the batter head, so it looks tuned at JAW.

EDIT: Oops, your YT description tells us the snare is a Brady Jarrah Block model. And your using Remo heads all around.

Last edited:

rhumbagirl

Also on the Canon 80D, are you using a controller like the Rhino Arc II, or are you hiring someone? I noticed the zoom in happening around the 2:46 mark. Thanks

kaide

Also on the Canon 80D, are you using a controller like the Rhino Arc II, or are you hiring someone? I noticed the zoom in happening around the 2:46 mark. Thanks
Thanks rhumbagirl! The main side camera is Canon 80D and the overhead cam is GoPro Hero4. I don't have anybody helping me so I'm just using "Ken Burns" effect on Final Cut. And also zooming some shots for more interesting video. And the snare is Brady 14x6,5 Jarrah Block model as you already found out. Kick head is pretty loose but not JAW loose :)

Last edited:

rhumbagirl

Thanks rhumbagirl! The main side camera is Canon 80D and the overhead cam is GoPro Hero4. I don't have anybody helping me so I'm just using "Ken Burns" effect on Final Cut. And also zooming some shots for more interesting video. And the snare is Brady 14x6,5 Jarrah Block model as you already found out. Kick head is pretty loose but not JAW loose :)
That's pretty amazing. I'm going to have to check it out. It made the video look super professional!

NouveauCliche

Here's my new Paul Simon drum cover. Big drum sounds on the original version so I tried my best to mix something similar. Hope you like it :)

Oh man - you really nailed that sound.

Cool!!!

I clicked around your YouTube a bit - really great man. Excellent production - beautiful drum sounds - Love the Robbie Williams cover.

Subbed!

Last edited:

kaide

Oh man - you really nailed that sound.

Cool!!!

I clicked around your YouTube a bit - really great man. Excellent production - beautiful drum sounds - Love the Robbie Williams cover.

Subbed!
Thanks Nicholas! I hope you'll find more interesting videos on my channel...there are a few since year 2011 :) Thanks for the sub, you are my channels #11 001 subscriber 🎉. I watched the sub count today and it went over 11k just a few hours ago.

NouveauCliche

Thanks Nicholas! I hope you'll find more interesting videos on my channel...there are a few since year 2011 :) Thanks for the sub, you are my channels #11 001 subscriber 🎉. I watched the sub count today and it went over 11k just a few hours ago.
I can see why! Lots of great content - I dig your covers man...not too "DRUMMY" - just great tunes and great playing and I was taking a spin on the snare head comparison video!

KamaK

Platinum Member
Man, the penny-whistle at the ~2-minute mark would challenge my American-pop intuition while playing. I'd have to mentally block it out in order to hold time.

Great stuff, good job.