Pat Petrillo's new Ludwigs!

Pat,

What was the relatively new crash cymbal you had above the hi-hats that one night at lesson??? I remember it being a K Dark but not sure the size and if it was Thin or Medium-Thin. I think??

Can you advise what it was? HECK of a SOUND!! :)

Thanks,

Dom

m1ck

By "warm up", I basically mean "break in", mostly the heads, and my ear getting use to hearing the body, tone, and feeling the response of the drums. They are unlike any other drums I have played, because they possess a unique warmth, a full bodied, focused sound. They are not "dead" drums, meaning, the tone disappears, or lacks body.

So, it's the combination of these things. The drums don't actually "warm up";)

Thanks, and all the best!

The S-HOOPS contribute too Pat. I have a kit fully bristling with S-HOOPS.

Any reason why you didn't outfit the reso sides too?

Hey, Shane

Thanks for doin that with the picture! Never could figure how to shrink pics down!

It's really not orange, it's called Sunset Diamond Pearl, and it's red.

This pic is from the shoot I did for the Ludwig 100th Anniversary DVD

Actually, I played that kit before I came on as a Ludwig endorser, and the Ludwigs are a superior kit, for sure. Construction and sound quality.

Wow...what a hot drummer...I mean DRUM SET! Haha! I love being one of few chick drummers or else that would sound kinda weird if I were a guy.

Edit: Sorry, Pat, if that made you uncomfortable. Sometimes my humor goes a bit too far.

Last edited:
Actually, I played that kit before I came on as a Ludwig endorser, and the Ludwigs are a superior kit, for sure. Construction and sound quality.

The Luds are great! Pat - you played on that Saturn for our clinic right before we started carrying Ludwig. Next time (spring perhaps??), we'll hook you up a nice set of Classic Maples. Deal? ;-)

Happy Thanksgiving.

Yes, Shane, of course, so, email me, and let's set the date! I'm going to the UK in March, but, maybe February??

Pat

Back