The latest:

Begin forwarded message:
Date: December 20, 2010 7:46:03 EST
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: Re: Learn to Read Rhythms
From the desk of James Charles Management
Re: Pat Petrillo's Learn to Read Rhythms

Hello Everybody,

We tried our best but it's going to take a few more days and with Christmas being on Saturday...well, if it doesn't go out this week, then next week should be
doable. Just a few more "tweaks" that had to be made.

Sorry for the delay.

On behalf of Pat Petrillo, we are....

James Charles
James Charles Management
[email protected]

The latest:

Begin forwarded message:
Date: December 20, 2010 7:46:03 EST
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: Re: Learn to Read Rhythms

Hello Everybody,

We tried our best but it's going to take a few more days and with Christmas being on Saturday...well, if it doesn't go out this week, then next week should be
doable. Just a few more "tweaks" that had to be made.

Sorry for the delay.

James Charles
James Charles Management
[email protected]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all due respect to Pat and James Charles Management, this reminds me of the boy who cried wolf...times 10. Better to say nothing than to say something that doesn't come to pass. Credibility and all that. I still look forward to Pats knowledge, but geez, you guys are killing me with the sheer amount of anticipation/letdown. Like getting stood up on a date. I truly hope this is the last letter I see before the DVD gets here.

With all due respect to Pat and James Charles Management, this reminds me of the boy who cried wolf...times 10. Better to say nothing than to say something that doesn't come to pass. Credibility and all that. I still look forward to Pats knowledge, but geez, you guys are killing me with the sheer amount of anticipation/letdown. Like getting stood up on a date. I truly hope this is the last letter I see before the DVD gets here.

No expectations, no disappointments. I promise not to post any more emails. Sorry Larry

Hey GD, no worries, it's not you. I am curious about any correspondance concerning this, as I am waiting too.

Curious to know if anyone received their copy yet. Based on the last update from Pat - It didn't look good for shipping during the week of Dec 20th, but the following week (Dec 27th) looked "doable". Since we are at the later part of the first week of January I'm hoping people that have pre-ordered much sooner than myself received their copy.

Anyone? If you received a copy, what are your thoughts?

I'm thinking by the time it gets here, it will be vintage and a collectors item.

Hello John,

I'm happy to tell you that your autographed copy of "Learn to Read Rhythms" was shipped to you this morning and should be arriving in a few
days. Thank you, one final time, for your patience.

James Charles
James Charles Management
[email protected]

It is our pleasure to finally announce that your copy of "Learn to Read Rhythms" was shipped this morning from New Jersey. However, a few of you have not yet responded to
verify your address. Please do so and a copy will be shipped to you.

And for the last time, may I say.... thank you for your patience.

James Charles
James Charles Management
[email protected]

Grunter,

How is it? Worth the dough?

I just got it in the mail today. I will go thru it and make an honest appraisal since I feel Pat did what he could and just ran into a lot of road blocks. I will be looking at this DVD as someone who has not read much music in 30 plus years. Hopefully it will help me be able to read again. Below are some photos of the DVD, signed, and the discs read First Run Collectors Edition January 2011. More to come.

Attachments

• CIMG0008.JPG
    CIMG0008.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 545
  • CIMG0006.JPG
    CIMG0006.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 539
  • CIMG0009.JPG
    CIMG0009.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 557
  • CIMG0011.JPG
    CIMG0011.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 543
Received mine today too. Had a chance to just browse the firs disk and looks pretty good to me. I'm very rusty with reading and this should be a great help.

I received mine yesterday...can't wait to get into it. A big thanks to Pat for sticking with it and enduring some guff along the way.

The first review is in....lol: I found it on Amazon.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent idea to teach rhythmic reading!, February 18, 2011
By wesdrummer - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pat Petrillo Learn to Read Rhythms....Better! (DVD)
I just finished watching MOST of Pat Petrillo's new DVD, "How to Read Rhythms...Better" and it is everything it claims to be- a comprehensive, concise visual explanation for reading rhythms! Pat's patience and attention to detail facilitates his logical progression from the basics to complex rhythms. Plentiful exercises at various tempos and with a novel note pointer give the viewer lots to practice. This DVD would best be suited for anyone that was afraid to learn how to read rhythms (or afraid to admit so!) as well as Intermediate drummers looking to firm up their reading foundation. Teachers should find this DVD to be useful to study how an experienced teacher such as Pat explains reading topics, and could well use the video, or parts of it, with young students for reinforcement or as a change of methodology. I highly recommend this work which will leave you saying, "Why didn't I think of creating this!"

Back