Paiste PST5 (Rock) reviews?

john352050

Hey, just wanted to hear some reviews from anyone that owns or has played on the PST5's ROCK version cymbals...
Recently ordered the Rock pack, eager to see what everyone thinks about 'em.

Ill be finding out soon, just wanted some comparisons and overall reviews. I've watched a bunch of the youtube videos from Paiste, comparing the Rock version and the "Universal" (I guess they are medium's?) versions. Ended up ordering the Rock set, always wanted a decent heavy set...plus the rock package came with the 'sound edge' hi hat, which (for me) sounded much better compared to the regular "Universal" hat. At least in the videos...

What's everyone think of their "Rock" set?
Many Thanks!

Weave2112

Well, you can't go wrong with these cymbals, IMO. They are a "budget" line, but make no mistake, these are really fine cymbals and should last you quite a while. You can easily mix and match these with Paiste's other lines. The sound edge hats are a plus, IMO. Enjoy them!

john352050

Well, you can't go wrong with these cymbals, IMO. They are a "budget" line, but make no mistake, these are really fine cymbals and should last you quite a while. You can easily mix and match these with Paiste's other lines. The sound edge hats are a plus, IMO. Enjoy them!
Thanks! Finally arrived, they sound pretty dang good, especially the hi hat! The ride could be a bit better, but overall a nice set that didnt break the bank.
Got my new kit setup in the dining room for now (my wife absolutely loves it there haha), so for now running the Zildjian Z80's to keep the volume down....once it finally moves upstairs to its own room, the Paiste's will go on!