Paiste Experts, I need help

HOUSTON 94

I bought my drum set in May and it had a paiste crash. I looked at it and couldn't figure out what it said. After being on here for a while, I found out it was a number, that number is 502. My research turned up nothing. It is a 16" 502 crash. It is probably from the 90s because the guy said he had been playing for a long time. Any help is appreciated.

Also, the ad said it came with a zild ride. It had no markings on it so I figured it was put in the ad so people would buy it. Randomly in practice, I twirled it and a discoloration caught my eye. It said Avedis in faded letter. They were like the size of one gap (between the lathe lines or whatever). Is this an A ride? or a fraud....

According to Wikipedia: "302, 402, 502, 802 popular budget level cymbals from the 1990s - early 2000s, in 1997 were enhanced sonically and received the plus-labeling and the addition of the 802. Discontinued in 2005 to make way for the new Paiste Sound Technology-, or PST-lines."
* PST 3 - Brass cymbals; beginner level. Introduced in 2005.
* PST 5 - B8 cymbals (CuSn8); student/intermediate level cymbals. Introduced in 2005.

I don't know which of these PSTs the 502 got absorbed into, so I don't know if it's brass or b8 bronze. Probably someone on here knows....

As for the Zildjian: Got pictures? A picture is worth a thousand words... I've heard recently that an old B8 line called the Scimitar had stamped on in "Avedis Scimitar". I don't know if that's true, but if it is an Avedis, then it will for sure have a physical stamp into the metal - not just a faded ink logo.

I bought my drum set in May and it had a paiste crash. I looked at it and couldn't figure out what it said. After being on here for a while, I found out it was a number, that number is 502. My research turned up nothing. It is a 16" 502 crash. It is probably from the 90s because the guy said he had been playing for a long time. Any help is appreciated.
It's an entry level B8 cymbal, but that particular series sounds pretty good to my ears.

http://www.paiste-only.com/paistewiki/index.php5?title=502

Yeah, the crash sounds really good. I will try to get a pic on here but it is really faded (the lettering that is)

Back