Paiste Drums

longgun

Gold Member
Searching on Ebay and saw this listing for Paiste Drums

Personally, I've never heard, nor seen any before

Anyone ever seen/heard these? They remind me of the 70's Japanese kits

Here's the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXTREMELY-R...=100010&prg=1076&rk=5&rkt=15&sd=151234253873&

BTW, they are not mine, someone out in LA is selling them

PAISTEDRUMSET1.jpg

Last edited:

tamadrm

Platinum Member
These were made ,for a very short time,in an Asian factory,using Pearl knock off hardware,and laun or poplar.basswood shells.They are at best,entry level drums .They shouldn't be confused with the fine Paiste spirit 2002 cast bronze snare drums,made by Jeff Ocheltree.

Steve B

longgun

Gold Member
These were made ,for a very short time,in an Asian factory,using Pearl knock off hardware,and laun or poplar.basswood shells.They are at best,entry level drums .They shouldn't be confused with the fine Paiste spirit 2002 cast bronze snare drums,made by Jeff Ocheltree.

Steve B

Thanks for the info Steve...........I figured they were one of the "stencil" type beginner kits

It makes me wonder if this was just some type of prototype...............still looks in good condition though

Did any other cymbal companies try their hand at drums?

tamadrm

Platinum Member
Thanks for the info Steve...........I figured they were one of the "stencil" type beginner kits

It makes me wonder if this was just some type of prototype...............still looks in good condition though

Did any other cymbal companies try their hand at drums?

Zildjian had a custom bronze shelled snare,which was I believe was made by Noble & Cooley.It was also cast with B-20 bronze.

Steve B

Last edited: