Paiste Colorsound in green again!

I would think the sound would change as the paint wears off. I mean, it's a coating, it has to have an effect on sound.
From Paiste:

"Color Sound 900 cymbals are based on the range of models in the concurrently launched 900 Series. While they feature essentially corresponding sound and function, the color coating causes a slightly drier sound, shortens the sustain a bit, and results in a more focused attack. Significantly, the same flexibility and giving feel as in the 900 Series is present.

Extensive research and design efforts have resulted in the most stunningly beautiful finishes: luminous translucent colors preserve the natural appearance of grooves and hammer marks and present a vibrantly radiant appearance. Notably, decades of experience have proven the Color Sound finish to be exceedingly tough and durable - the finish will not ever crack, chip or peel."

I didnt see anything about what the color is or how it is applied.

I inquired w/ the seller on ebay about different weights, China cymbals, and splashes being available. This is their response:

HI,
We only have the medium weights in currently, China's and Splash's should be in with the next 30-45 days,
Thanks
Jon

Looks like I have a couple more months to move some gear to fund this purchase. :)

Those are super cool, especially if you have a kit in certain color to match or offset (red/green, yellow/green).
Now, I wonder how they will do with age and patination.

Is Green new? I think they were red, black, blue, and purple 'originally' (at least the current 900 series, not the original colorsounds).

I have a full set of red ones, they're pretty sweet. They're a mid-tier cymbal though, I don't think they sound quite as good as most pro cymbals from other manufacterers, but for live music, they're definitely good enough.

Those are super cool, especially if you have a kit in certain color to match or offset (red/green, yellow/green).

I may fit that description.

drums.jpg

Last edited:
Is Green new? I think they were red, black, blue, and purple 'originally' (at least the current 900 series, not the original colorsounds).

I have a full set of red ones, they're pretty sweet. They're a mid-tier cymbal though, I don't think they sound quite as good as most pro cymbals from other manufacterers, but for live music, they're definitely good enough.

They did green at some point previously in the 80s: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Paiste-col...763856?hash=item4225210a50:g:lOEAAOSwCpxfuv70

I think the Colorsounds are pretty catchy, but I wouldn't use them as a core setup. I'd need to be in a lollipop frame of mind to gig with them. I'd also want drum shells in Reese's Pieces wrap and sticks that look like Tootsie Rolls.

Nope, green drums attract f*ckwits to the kit like curry to a pisshead. Coloured cymbals would make the problem twice as bad ;)

They don't sound all that great either. Good for promo stuff I suppose.

Attachments

• Ludwig Swin.jpg
    Ludwig Swin.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 15
Nope, green drums attract f*ckwits to the kit like curry to a pisshead. Coloured cymbals would make the problem twice as bad ;)

Where are these set up? It looks like a mini church choir stage inside a pub. The Church of Rock 'n' Roll Pub & Grille?

Edited to add: If Remo ever does Colortone in Ambassador weights, I'll run a set of green Emp's over Amb's on my kit and would def. pick up green Colorsounds...maybe even some of the green Zildjian drumsticks, just to be completely over the top.

Where are these set up? It looks like a mini church choir stage inside a pub. The Church of Rock 'n' Roll Pub & Grille?

Edited to add: If Remo ever does Colortone in Ambassador weights, I'll run a set of green Emp's over Amb's on my kit and would def. pick up green Colorsounds...maybe even some of the green Zildjian drumsticks, just to be completely over the top.

It's my cricket clubhouse ? We haven't been able to open since March so I've got the kit set up down there for practice. Middle of nowhere and I can make as much noise as I like.

Too many sporting emotions at that place! They stopped teas there too this year because of lockdown.......just not cricket!

THAT kit needs the RED Colourounds.
Pretty funny, that kit takes up half of the bandstand in that pub. Would be fun if you setup first before your bandmates and told them to fit in around you.

Here's a few - the first one is a Black Friday special. It'd be worth $8.99 just to hang on a wall :p :

Yeah, unfortunately Remo doesn't do Ambassador weight so I'm holding off on buying a set...for now.

THAT kit needs the RED Colourounds.
Pretty funny, that kit takes up half of the bandstand in that pub. Would be fun if you setup first before your bandmates and told them to fit in around you.

I'd have to get a mix of colours and go for the real Xmas tree look ?

Only me on my own down there so I'm loving the extra elbow room, we can't even have a band jam for the foreseeable. I'm enjoying playing my old Ludwig for the first time in ages as I can leave it set up!

Back