Paiste 602 ME 24" ride?

HeavyDrums

Anyone have experience with this or other 24" rides? I found one used for a good price. I've been looking for a ride larger than 20" for a very heavy rock band. I'm wondering how this cymbal would sound with my K hats and crashes?

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
It's gonna be up to your ears really. I have no experience with this particular cymbal, so if I was really interested I would contact the seller so I could put sticks on it. Knowing what my other cymbals sound like and what I'm looking for in a cymbal, I would have to hear it first.

You will probably get as many ride suggestions as replys. What exactly are you looking for? Pingy, washy, dry, glassy, bright, dark, etc.? This will help us help you.

paradiddle pete

Platinum Member
If it's a good buy grab it, you can always move it on later if it's not for you. Expect strong bright glassy but wonderful.

Stroker

Platinum Member
I recommend the Paiste 2002, 22" Power Ride, or the Paiste 2002, 24" Ride.

I play the Power Ride. It's loud, the ping is clean and crisp and doesn't get lost in the minimal wash of the cymbal, and the stick feel is extraordinary.

HeavyDrums

I can't afford new cymbals. So I'm at the mercy of what's being sold used in my vicinity. That's why I chose this specific cymbal. There is one for sale locally for $300 with a Zildjian cymbal bag. My only other used ride choices locally are two 22" 70s era Zildjians, which are $100 less than the 24" Paiste. I'm looking for the best sounding cymbal for my money.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I can't afford new cymbals. So I'm at the mercy of what's being sold used in my vicinity. That's why I chose this specific cymbal. There is one for sale locally for $300 with a Zildjian cymbal bag. My only other used ride choices locally are two 22" 70s era Zildjians, which are $100 less than the 24" Paiste. I'm looking for the best sounding cymbal for my money.

I have a 67-77 time-stamp Zildjian Turkish K. Now I realize these are collector sought, but it is dry as hell, has a good ping and is fairly washy. You should at least give them a listen.

HeavyDrums

I would have to drive an hour to check out the Zildjians, but I think it would be worth it. He is selling numerous A, K, and vintage rides. It would allow me to play them all and choose by ear and feel. That's probably the smartest choice.

mikyok

Platinum Member
I would have to drive an hour to check out the Zildjians, but I think it would be worth it. He is selling numerous A, K, and vintage rides. It would allow me to play them all and choose by ear and feel. That's probably the smartest choice.

That's the winner, an old 22" A Ride will do anything and go anywhere. If there's some old Ks there bonus.

I drove 2 and a half hours to get my old 22" A.

Old Zildjians clean up really well too.