Overplaying???

WhoIsTony?

drumming sounds fine to me

... but why in the world would that cat go out of his way to get a lefty guitar and string it righty ?

bad Hendrix look attempt I'm guessing

BFrench501

It's a live performance, you might add some faster parts but none of it sounds out of place. Lets be fair, its a pacey song and most people love the energetic rolling snare stuff, especially when it's all done tight like this.

If the same was done on Brown Sugar then it would be ridiculous, but here it fits in nicely for my taste.

Really liked it, thanks for sharing.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
drumming sounds fine to me
It's a live performance, you might add some faster parts but none of it sounds out of place. Lets be fair, its a pacey song and most people love the energetic rolling snare stuff, especially when it's all done tight like this.

If the same was done on Brown Sugar then it would be ridiculous, but here it fits in nicely for my taste.
These two posts say it all for me. You're there to entertain, & you did. Job done! :)

A-customs

Silver Member
Thanks everyone.I had just read a thing about musicians that overplay,and when i was checking out some vids,it came across as a wee bit to much.But i luv playing this tune,i get a little carried away sometimes.But glad you guys like it!

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
LOL. That's hilarious Dark-"overplaying "I get it. Technically it's over juggling. I like the double bass drive in the song-really drives it. Good hands-cool stuff reminds me of Thomas Lang. Funny in almost 49 years of playing I've never twirled a drumstick. But I appreciate the showmanship in things like that.

cDark3r

LOL. That's hilarious Dark-"overplaying "I get it. Technically it's over juggling. I like the double bass drive in the song-really drives it. Good hands-cool stuff reminds me of Thomas Lang. Funny in almost 49 years of playing I've never twirled a drumstick. But I appreciate the showmanship in things like that.
Well check out how the guy has evolved. He is now endorsed by DW, Vater drumsticks, Meinl Cymbals, Evans Drumheads and Kickport.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNg1uB0wE8Q&list=UUSRAuXfp7JdIlcVN7Eqctyg&feature=c4-overview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0KZiT_rbII&list=UUSRAuXfp7JdIlcVN7Eqctyg&feature=c4-overview

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Overplaying? Disagree. That song is a tom heavy song and the drummer did a fine job at capturing the essence of the drum part without "improving" it to the point of unrecognition lol. Good job.

I do have a pet peeve fill though which I hear too often (not referring to this clip, but I did hear it once or twice)

It's the 2 - 16th notes inserted at the very end of a tom fill right before the crash. Way over used by a lot of drummers and seems like an attempt to squeeze in 2 more notes at the end of a fill just so the drummer has more to do, but doesn't help the groove. JMO and a tiny pet peeve.