Over Rated Albums?

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
Maybe the thread has been taken away because other people can feel offended by the albums/artists named in that thread..

And actually i kinda agree if that would be the reason..

I also posted a few times in that thread, but i kinda regret, since is also a little 'childish' and useless to only write negative about things that other people maybe like a lot..

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Well maybe the tongue and cheek criticizing of peoples choices verged on inappropriate-I thought it was funny. Maybe we should have Under rated Albums-so I can argue the ones I thought overrated are now under rated-Why? because I just argued they were overrated so now I have to defend they aren't that bad so I've under rated them. I never was an Atlanta Rhythm Section fan but "Third Annual Pipe Dream" was an under rated album Another under rated album was "The Great Spectacular" by the Dixie Dreggs (which were just underrated period)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_EUVUHJaU0 So let's see if we can stir this stool without creating a foul odor.

Smoke

Silver Member
I took a pretty heavy handed poke at you, GA - but it was all in fun. Intended no offense whatsoever. Sorry if it was me that tipped the scales...

Icetech

Gold Member
Well that sucks.. i didn't see anyone even getting mad, the whole thread was fun. I swear the mods seem to be getting cranky lately

martianmambo

It would have been nice if the mods had just reminded everyone to keep the discussion civil instead of deleting the entire thread and pretending the discussion never happened.

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I have such weird tastes in music, I often keep my opinions of such things to myself.

Believe me when I say that there is a crap-ton of bands, artists, and albums and I dislike that the vast majority of the drumming community love and hold dear. I have my reasons, and I believe that they are well justified, but holy cow do people get the undergarments in a bunch when I talk about it.

I'm mainly talking about other forums I've been on. DW is usually pretty cool about my opinions, but I prefer to discuss them in person.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Seems like the three biggest topics to start an argument are religion, politics, and music. I never understood the music one. Let's argue colors instead, makes about as much sense. I'll go first, I like green and orange is stupid...

Icetech

Gold Member
Seems like the three biggest topics to start an argument are religion, politics, and music. I never understood the music one. Let's argue colors instead, makes about as much sense. I'll go first, I like green and orange is stupid...

Green and orange are actually my 2 favorite colors :( Now i'm offended!

JustJames

Platinum Member
Interestingly, three of the words in the English language for which there are no rhymes are colours. Silver, purple and orange.

The bigger question of course, is why Americans insist on spelling colour incorrectly.

I suspect it's due to having no sense of humour.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Green and orange are actually my 2 favorite colors :( Now i'm offended!

Haha! Naw, I like orange. Just didn't feel like picking on brown today!

But seriously, why is it that everyone has an opinion about music that sucks? "I don't get into (insert genre here) because it all sucks." I hear this all the time. When I was playing in a band in my earlier years, it was almost forbidden to listen to anything but metal because that's what we were doing. There were very few exceptions.

At this point in my life there are only two kinds of music, stuff I listen to and stuff I don't. If someone somewhere finds value and gets enjoyment out of music I don't listen to then it still must be good. It just isn't for me. And as musicians I feel we should be even more tolerant of others art and musical tastes. What kind of people would we be if everyone were as judgmental as musicians? I don't ever recall ever hearing actors say " I only do ( genre again) movies because they are the best. I just don't get it.

I listen to just about anything anymore. If it sounds good, play it.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
I thought Orange is the New Black? Oranges aren't the only fruit? Then there's the Orange Man-you know the Tango ads? Then there's another orange man-Donald Sutherland does the Simply Orange, then another one-hmmm. Lots of orange-I know I've told you about my old girlfriend who thought orange was orange but the color/colour was "urnge. She was a witch. No not behaviorally or physically but spiritually a witch. And this is why the Off Topic Lounge needs to focus on drumming related topics.

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
"The bigger question of course, is why Americans insist on spelling colour incorrectly.

I suspect it's due to having no sense of humour." Naw good guess-its cause we got no sense and we be lazy so like to cut out letters. Like "luv you", Y'all, "Wutup", "bull' like you got to "bull water" to make grits, "Ingland" where they speak "Inglish", etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
I suspect it's due to having no sense of humour.
Or because it's phonetically and obviously wrong.

Besides, for a time, we had to write "colored" above half the drinking fountains in schools. The extra ink for the unnecessary U would have just been a huge lapse of judgement!

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
"The bigger question of course, is why Americans insist on spelling colour incorrectly.

I suspect it's due to having no sense of humour." Naw good guess-its cause we got no sense and we be lazy so like to cut out letters. Like "luv you", Y'all, "Wutup", "bull' like you got to "bull water" to make grits, "Ingland" where they speak "Inglish", etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Y'all pokin fun at us in the south, is ya? Jus y'all wait, the south is gonna rise again! You can bet yet britches as sure as the cock crows were a comin.

Orange rhymes with door hinge and syringe. Purple rhymes with nurple. Silver is stupid, move over orange.

JustJames

Platinum Member
Y'all pokin fun at us in the south, is ya? ...

From where I'm sitting, you're in the north!

I'm the real southerner in this conversation.

"The name Australia is derived from the Latin Terra Australis ("southern land"), a name used for a hypothetical continent in the Southern Hemisphere since ancient times."

Dr_Watso

Platinum Member
From where I'm sitting, you're in the north!

I'm the real southerner in this conversation.

"The name Australia is derived from the Latin Terra Australis ("southern land"), a name used for a hypothetical continent in the Southern Hemisphere since ancient times."

and-australia-as-we-all-know-is-entirely-peopled-with-criminals.jpg