Outdated instruments

there is soooooo much 80's cool and awesome in that pic!!! I love it
I agree. It's got points! Its neon pink! It has 5 knobs, 6 switches, and a kitchen stove switch! It has gold, chrome, and eggshell appointments! It's so confused and obnoxious and I LOVE IT!

I agree. It's got points! Its neon pink! It has 5 knobs, 6 switches, and a kitchen stove switch! It has gold, chrome, and eggshell appointments! It's so confused and obnoxious and I LOVE IT!

the guitar player in my high school proggy/NWOBHM band had one...it brings back great memories of those days!!!

The 80s was all about excess...in this case though, the drummer was the traditional one.

View attachment 112639

funny that in Cheap Trick's' music, you would think that rick Nielsen would not need to use all of those necks....but he actually probably did...cause he was Rick Nielsen

The number 1 goal of drum manufacturers is to sell product. If they see a company succeeding with something, they will emulate it in some way. I've had my own preferences, and those have only changed slightly over the past 25+ years.
Yes, yes and yes. The goal is our💲or 💷, and the ultimate driving force of any company is profits. Which we should all keep in mind lest we lose our heads over the latest greatest gear lol.

funny that Marshall stacks have sort of gone out, but Orange amps have become en vogue...
Marshalls will never go out of style in my book, especially the older tube amp models. The arena rock bands of the late 70's - mid 80's blew away audiences with walls of Marshall stacks.
I saw many rock bands from the era at Atlanta's long gone Omni International - AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Foreigner, Rainbow, Pat Benetar :love:, ZZ Topp, David Lee Roth, etc. etc. and seems like most of them had Marshalls. Massive sound.

funny that in Cheap Trick's' music, you would think that rick Nielsen would not need to use all of those necks....but he actually probably did...cause he was Rick Nielsen
Yeah, all those necks but only one tremelo bar

Marshalls will never go out of style in my book, especially the older tube amp models. The arena rock bands of the late 70's - mid 80's blew away audiences with walls of Marshall stacks.
I saw many rock bands from the era at Atlanta's long gone Omni International - AC/DC, Van Halen, Ozzy, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Foreigner, Rainbow, Pat Benetar :love:, ZZ Topp, David Lee Roth, etc. etc. and seems like most of them had Marshalls. Massive sound.

yep...there is nothing more "metal" than a bunch of Marshall stacks to my eyes...and ears usually

now-a-days, I will get to a gig, and see these "metal" guitarists setting up a PA monitor on a stand as an "amp", and it is such a let down....no matter what the sound...

yep...there is nothing more "metal" than a bunch of Marshall stacks to my eyes...and ears usually

now-a-days, I will get to a gig, and see these "metal" guitarists setting up a PA monitor on a stand as an "amp", and it is such a let down....no matter what the sound...
Bose has some awesome stuff, but without the tubes there's something missing... like playing an ekit in a live gig... just not... right...

Man...him and his collection are only like an hour 15 away. I should investigate into viewing it in person!

I have an outdated Yamaha PTC kit, power toms baby. But yesterday I found a 8x12 and 9x13 on Reverb so I knabed them. They are scheduled to be here tomorrow.

I have an outdated Yamaha PTC kit, power toms baby. But yesterday I found a 8x12 and 9x13 on Reverb so I knabed them. They are scheduled to be here tomorrow.
What is "outdated"?

When it comes to power toms I used them back in the day because they were the norm and I didn't know any better. I don't mind the look actually, it's the positional limitations I dislike. I'm not a tall guy so a few inches make a huge difference. I used to have to angle power toms quite a bit in order to play them comfortably and this could be quite challenging especially with a 13x12.

I now I only have standard depth toms and I'm glad they are the norm again. I also happen to prefer the look of standard toms but it's mostly practical. I love to watch other people play power toms though!

My tastes in drums and cymbals are very simple. Give me a 4-piece in standard sizes with Zildjian A medium ride, New Beats and a couple of thin crashes and I'm good to go. It's timeless and I like that.

What is "outdated"?
Power toms. I can't believe I played them for 25 years they seemed so tall now sitting on top of the bass drum. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have shallow Toms

Back