Our take on "Caravan"...and some other jams...

Derek, have you any other jewel to share with us ?

Seriously, it happen this is exactly the kind of music I'd like to play. I mean what can you ask more than an experimental funky jazzy metallic & super psychiadelic fusion jam. I loved it. I'd like to see more of you doing this kind of stuff. It was excellent, and if it was on the fly then it is even better.

Take care & A+

Haha....thanks.
Yeah, was just on the fly. We have a great time jamming together.

Got some more stuff to post in the future....and another jam to record in a couple of weeks. Todd's out on tour right now, so when he gets back down here....we'll record some more stuff.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers,
D.

Were you ! ???

You dont look very metal at all :p

Derek, I'm gonna take a listen tonight.

Oh totally. I had hair as long as Derek's and not as well-cared-for, a Frankenstein kit with Ebony Pinstripes, a CD rack full of Morbid Angel, Deicide and Pantera (still have the Pantera) and was in a band called Black Legion. We thought we were Satanists but looking back, it's more accurate to say we were kinda tools. We played one gig for five bucks each, probably because we spent more time eating pizza and watching movies we weren't old enough to watch than we did rehearsing. It was a good time.

Oh totally. I had hair as long as Derek's and not as well-cared-for, a Frankenstein kit with Ebony Pinstripes, a CD rack full of Morbid Angel, Deicide and Pantera (still have the Pantera) and was in a band called Black Legion. We thought we were Satanists but looking back, it's more accurate to say we were kinda tools. We played one gig for five bucks each, probably because we spent more time eating pizza and watching movies we weren't old enough to watch than we did rehearsing. It was a good time.

That's a thread in itself. The Dark Side of Zack Albetta.

I'm very, very surprise then.

Have you left the metal genre at all ? I mean do you still listen & practice that genre ?

:O

lol. pretty unexpected. how long ago was this?

Oh totally. I had hair as long as Derek's and not as well-cared-for, a Frankenstein kit with Ebony Pinstripes, a CD rack full of Morbid Angel, Deicide and Pantera (still have the Pantera) .

Good Lord, Zack! Now I have this bizarre picture of you with really long hair and leather wrist bands, hunched over a 12 piece Gretsch bop kit hammering your brushes into your 12" deep snare..playing an Afro-Cuban version of Mouth for War.

Thanks for setting a good example, Derek. Genres are for losers..

Sorry Derek, had no idea that little anecdote would hijack your thread. :p

This was more than ten years ago, when I was in high school. I still listen to some metal--Pantera has always been a favorite and I like some newer stuff like System of a Down. I haven't played it in years though. The last vestige of my metal playin' days went away about eight years ago when I traded in my Iron Cobra double bass pedal against some new K Customs.

Back