Our bands new single.

piperdoog

Silver Member
Take a listen and tell me what you think. Thanks guys, and gals....

Attachments

• 03 The Way You Move.mp3
    4.6 MB · Views: 141
I like it! It's very produced sounding, but that fits the style. It's similar in style to stuff I've done myself, so I think it's cool.

I'm not listening on nice nearfields or anything, but I think I'd like to hear more snare. It's pretty subdued in the mix. Still sounds good, though!

What gear are you using?

I like it! It's very produced sounding, but that fits the style. It's similar in style to stuff I've done myself, so I think it's cool.

I'm not listening on nice nearfields or anything, but I think I'd like to hear more snare. It's pretty subdued in the mix. Still sounds good, though!

What gear are you using?

Thanks, gear is a Sonor S Classix, and snare is a 6.5 Supraphonic.
Cymbals I'm using HHX 14' groove hats a groove ride (my favorite)
And aax fast xplosions crashes from 17' to 19'

Last edited:
Cool, man! Good driving beat. I like the snare drum, since it's nice a fat and midrangy, but I'd like a little more [what drummer doesn't?]. And crashes, baby!! More crashes!! I only hear 'em towards the end, although it sounds like they're sharing some frequencies with the singer, so maybe they had to be mixed a little back.
Sounds good, piperdoog!

I thought the whole thing sounded great but would have liked a bit more fire in the guitar solo- it was a little slow for the energy the intro brings.

Badass altogether though.

Drumming sounds cool, lyrics annoyed the hell out of me. Main guitar riff sounds like I've heard it a hundred times before. It sounds like normal mainstream radio rock which I personally am not a fan of, but if that's what you're going for then well done.

The 'oh oh oh's in the chorus are cool, and the guitar tone in the solo is quite hot. If I were going to make suggestions, it would be to take the lyrics further (say the same thing but in a more creative, clever way) and differentiate the last chorus, make it more intense. A quick lead break over the riff after the first chorus would be cool, and some more interesting transitions between sections.

Thanks for the comments lads. I like getting insight from other drummers, because lets face it, we make the most sense hahaha.

Sounds good, though yeah, I agree with kettles in that the lyrics are pretty sopohmoric and the rhymes are mostly cliche's (walk/talk, name/insane).

Drumming has a nice drive to it. I think the cymbals and hat are mixed too high and too bright and the snare and kick are a little under and could both use a little more "snap" (5k) The bass could use more mids. It's covered by the guitar. In general, the guitar is covering everything. The oh, oh, oh's should be in harmony.

I hope this doesn't come off too critical. But sometimes the difference between a record deal and being another bar band are these little factors. That's what I get paid to do when I produce -- make a band sound as professional as possible.

Sounds good, though yeah, I agree with kettles in that the lyrics are pretty sopohmoric and the rhymes are mostly cliche's (walk/talk, name/insane).

Drumming has a nice drive to it. I think the cymbals and hat are mixed too high and too bright and the snare and kick are a little under and could both use a little more "snap" (5k) The bass could use more mids. It's covered by the guitar. In general, the guitar is covering everything. The oh, oh, oh's should be in harmony.

I hope this doesn't come off too critical. But sometimes the difference between a record deal and being another bar band are these little factors. That's what I get paid to do when I produce -- make a band sound as professional as possible.

No it doesn't come off to critical at all, that's why I posted it, to hear insight from other drummers.
Critism is what makes you better, especially with the recording and mixing stuff which I am learning more about.
We are a bunch of guys just having fun, as far as getting signed, that ship has sailed. I was in a signed band once and not into that anymore. Just recording here and there for fun, and learning a little as I go for recording g etc.
Lyrics.... I totally agree, but what can you do! I didn't write it but I did notice it to be sure! And yes the guitar is overbearing!
Thanks for the info though know I appreciate it good or bad it's what makes us better.

Cheers

Dude, your song sounds AWESOME!! The only thing I would have liked to see is the drums separated - sound wise in the mix - from he rest of the instruments. Your driving bass work throughout is killer, however. Kudos!

The song beats the crap out of most stuff from bands that are under contract. Keep plugging away.

I like the way it moved.

Good song, is it an original?

I like a nice simple tastefull uncluttered sound, and this song has all that plus a good energy. Really good job.

Barry

Dude, your song sounds AWESOME!! The only thing I would have liked to see is the drums separated - sound wise in the mix - from he rest of the instruments. Your driving bass work throughout is killer, however. Kudos!

The song beats the crap out of most stuff from bands that are under contract. Keep plugging away.

Thanks man I appreciate it.

I like the way it moved.

Good song, is it an original?

I like a nice simple tastefull uncluttered sound, and this song has all that plus a good energy. Really good job.

Barry

It is original, it's getting some radio play here and there. We have another single out now as well. Thanks for the words, we are having fun for sure..

Back