Other People in Other Professions who Play Drums

Actor Chevy Chase played drums with Donald Fagen and Walter Becker. Actor Sam Shepard played drums with the Holy Modal Rounders.

Johnny Carson
Will Farrell
Beto O'Rourke
Drew Stafford of the Buffalo Sabres
Zdeno Charra

Joe Piscopo
Johnny Depp "owns" some drums :)

I’m surprised you all didn’t know, everybody plays the drums.
Next time you are at a party or a gig ask everyone; “can anybody here play the drums?” And see what happens.

Music is also mathematical-we "count". Lots of studies how different species "count" and there is a genetic link to mathematical abilities. I wonder if we pooled drummers would they demonstrate enhanced math traits or links to any form of intelligence abilities? I've often wondered do our musical abilities coincide with neuromuscular activity so our biology molds the music (we seek natural frequencies for us to emulate-for sure it does by senses.

LOL to true Hollywood Jim I was in this Gloryland band at church and all the horns would always air drum while tacit. How many times some inebriated "drummer" wants to sit in on your kit and play along. If a wedding-you can bet some family member plays drums and wants "a moment". Drummers are dime a dozen it seems LOL. My eldest brother played in his teens-he hasn't played much since-except a wedding, party, etc where there is a drum kit-he's a drummer again.

I thought everyone knew about Stevie. But yeah, he’s the total package. Sings great, writes great songs, plays piano AND drums...and is hilarious and cool

yeah..me too. Didn't he play all of the instruments on many of the early albums?

Back