Oriollo

timmdrum

Gold Member
Hi! I'm sorta obsessed lately with semi-weatherproof and humidity-proof drums, and a lot of you have been praising Oriollo. Checked out the site, and they look great! Couple of questions:

1. Can anyone do a qualified comparison to Trick drums? (The aluminum ones, anyway, since that's all Trick makes toms & bass drums with.)
2. Are any of you Oriollo owners in the US? If so, how was the transaction made? My wife works in operations for a bank, and told me Serbia is an OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) listed sanctioned country, and therefore, I may not be able to purchase.

Tim: I would contact Sinclair Lott. He has tried out different Oriollo snares, and he plays a 16/14/12 jazz set of Oriollo drums. He has told me that he likes them a lot.

One big difference between Oriollo and Trick are the shells. Both builders make aluminum drum kits, but Trick welds their shells together while Oriollo makes seamless shells. The bearing edges are also different; I believe Trick cuts double 45 degree edges.

I've gotten bronze and aluminum snares from Vukan with no problems whatsoever. In fact, my phantom is a custom finish and it still got here faster than a Gretsch that I ordered around the same time. Like you said, Oriollo is in Serbia but Grestch is in South Carolina. Go figure.

Trick makes some great hardware, but their shells are just rolled and welded. Are you interested in a kit or snares?

Mostly interested in a kit, but I don't think I can afford it anytime soon. :(

I've gotten bronze and aluminum snares from Vukan with no problems whatsoever. In fact, my phantom is a custom finish and it still got here faster than a Gretsch that I ordered around the same time. Like you said, Oriollo is in Serbia but Grestch is in South Carolina. Go figure.

It is probably because Gretsch had to make three or four till they got it right ?

Just launched an all new series of snare drums:
Oriollo Radical™ >>

Features both the shell and the hoops sand cast of gray iron, machined and protected with graphite.

9U7xMUr.jpg

Just launched an all new series of snare drums:
Oriollo Radical™ >>

Features both the shell and the hoops sand cast of gray iron, machined and protected with graphite.

9U7xMUr.jpg
Vukan, you've got to stop this! I'm trying to save up for my kid's college8^).

I’m just reminding myself that it’s steel, not brass. Although I’m sure the rim clicks on this baby would get the ladies dancing real quick lol

Does it have a clear coat? My Phantom has a mat powder coat and my fingers are the color of the drum after handling it. One of my favorite sounding drums!

Back