Oriollo Snare Throws

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
I think Oriollo now makes most of their own hardware. Is anyone using a snare that has their latest throw? I'm considering buying an Oriollo snare, but I love how well a Trick throw works. I can easily switch snare tension to three settings plus throw them off just my moving the lever. And the lever moves right-left-right not up and down so it never gets in the way.

Any thoughts on Oriollo throws and how they work adjusting tension kinda on-the-fly like you can do with a Trick?

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
I don't know if mine is the latest or not (got my Bakar about 6 months ago), but changing tension is very quick and easy with one hand. Plus the throw doesn't stick out as much as the Trick ones.

Rattlin' Bones

Gold Member
Does the throw have like 2 or (like a Trick) 3 settings so each one locks into a different tension, with 4th being off. Does it work like that?

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member
Does the throw have like 2 or (like a Trick) 3 settings so each one locks into a different tension, with 4th being off. Does it work like that?
No, there's just off and on, but it's very low-mass. By far the lightest throw I've used. It's so light and simple that I was worried when I first saw it, but it works perfectly.