Original song of mine that I decided to load on YouTube!

That is an awesome song. Best drumming I've seen/heard in a long time. When I experience drumming like that I'm put in a place of decision. Is there any chance I can play that good, or should I just give up now. I'm gonna sleep on it and let you know. Thanks for sharing Calvin.

I ... actually ... like .... this. Normally I'm a regular rock guy but this is a trip.

That inspired me to practice pad my diddles for the rest of the night.

Maybe I'll be you when I grow up. ;)

Amazing

:LOL: lol! thank you

That is an awesome song. Best drumming I've seen/heard in a long time. When I experience drumming like that I'm put in a place of decision. Is there any chance I can play that good, or should I just give up now. I'm gonna sleep on it and let you know. Thanks for sharing Calvin.

Never give up! Always push forward!

Huge skill & delivered with absolute authority. Not my kind of stuff, which is why I like it even more :)

Thank you Andy!

I ... actually ... like .... this. Normally I'm a regular rock guy but this is a trip.

Wow. Thats awesome!

Very nice! Interesting groove, tight playing! Did you program and/or record it all yourself?

There are a few other musicians playing on it. Piano, Guitars, and Bass are other musicians. I did the other synth sounds, drum programming, recording, editing, mixing, etc.

Let me know what you guys think!

Really great stuff - the track is great for a drum showcase - the onstinato melody implies a more heady time signature than the song is actually is and lends itself really well to some shedding and those big hits every 4 and 8 bars are a nice anchor to go back to - the whole B section is sick too.

Solid playing too man - solid!

Thanks for sharing man - you should sell it as a drumless track for people to shred on!

Huge skill & delivered with absolute authority. Not my kind of stuff, which is why I like it even more :)

Same. I know something is good when I enjoy something that’s not really/usually my thing. Wait , on second thought, .... doesn’t that make it my kinda thing then ? Maybe , just maybe, “my thing” is changing ? “I’m so confused and torn right now lol . Nah, something doesn’t have to be my thing in drumming to appreciate the talent and skill . I think I’ll go jam to this track to be certain. Nice job Calvin . Awesome playing!!!

Really great stuff - the track is great for a drum showcase - the onstinato melody implies a more heady time signature than the song is actually is and lends itself really well to some shedding and those big hits every 4 and 8 bars are a nice anchor to go back to - the whole B section is sick too.

Thanks for sharing man - you should sell it as a drumless track for people to shred on!

thanks a ton for the supportive words! the track will actually be releasing shortly for drummers to play to.

Same. I know something is good when I enjoy something that’s not really/usually my thing. Wait , on second thought, .... doesn’t that make it my kinda thing then ? Maybe , just maybe, “my thing” is changing ? “I’m so confused and torn right now lol . Nah, something doesn’t have to be my thing in drumming to appreciate the talent and skill . I think I’ll go jam to this track to be certain. Nice job Calvin . Awesome playing!!!

Thank you much!

Damn ..... those little notes are SO hard to dance to !!!? Great job. Channeling some Tony Williams there?

I was younger than you are now when we first “met”. Ugh. Been touring off and on. I would be doing more but I’m more picky than I ever was. Are you playing with anyone regularly?

tbh no, just remote session work and teaching.
Damn ..... those little notes are SO hard to dance to !!!? Great job. Channeling some Tony Williams there?
Lol! Yea you have to have “Happy Feet” for this record

Just released the play-along today if you know anyone who wanted to grab it! Thanks

Well crap! That's it...I quit. No point in banging on my set after watching this. You took all my fun away and now it may be time to study my butt off. Thanks a lot. ( Just joking, kinda. You've inspired me.)

very impressive! parts of it made me think of the music from Super Mario World when you're inside the castle.

Digging that ride work man! Also is that an emad on your second floor Tom?

It was a bootleg EMAD lol. I bought one and forgot the bass drum heads have different collars than Tom heads. So I cut it off and glued it over a remo emperor.

:LOL:
Bummer. You’re too talented not to. Where are living now, still Atlanta? Did you graduate from Berklee?
Yea I’m down in Atlanta. Graduated Berklee in 2010. I actually devoted a lot of time to my church after moving back to Atlanta. Resigning from there and will be back focused on music afterwards so maybe I’ll pick up something after

Back