Opinions on MyDentity

Srb12021

Hello y'all,
I was just wondering you're opinion on the MyDentity service that I've seen DW and Mapex both provide. I'm strongly considering buying a new set, and I've already got it set up, but I was wondering if anyone out there ("Is Anybody Out There" reference!) has bought a MyDentity set. How is the wood/finish/sound/anything else?

Site looks cool, and it's relatively cheap, for what it does. Your thoughts?

Thanks a million!

gr82bagn

Pioneer Member
In my opinion the the Mapex Mydentity customer service team did an excellent job. They were helpful in answering my questions and were able to accomodate a special request in terms of tom selection. When the drums arrived 30 days later I was very happy with the quality of the build and the sound (after replacing the stock heads). $999 shipped for 100% big maple shells is a good deal in my books.

Srb12021

Just out of curiosity, when they shipped the set, was it one drum one package, or were they all in one or two with our the heads on? Was it a nightmare getting everything set up, from the box to playing?

gr82bagn

Pioneer Member
Just out of curiosity, when they shipped the set, was it one drum one package, or were they all in one or two with our the heads on? Was it a nightmare getting everything set up, from the box to playing?
One drum per package. Boxed well, bubble wrap no popcorn stuff. It was easy in that all I did was unbox, pull the shells replace the heads and set up. Using the Gibraltar stealth system made it that much easier in that all my hardware was all layed out. All I needed to do was adjust for the larger shells.