Opinions Needed: Ludwig Vintage Rehab

samdrum

I have just purchased a 3 piece set of Ludwigs. The toms are 60's vintage with the Keystone badges. The bass drum is an early 80's with the Blue/Olive badge. I was going to re-wrap in the Vintage 60's Black Oyster. My question is .....should I leave the blue/olive badge on the refinish or get a matching Keystone(the non-serial number kind) to complete the vintage vibe? I know the authenticity is kind of "disturbed" here but I don't think I want to have a set with a different badge. Too anal?
Thoughts?

I prefer the 70's vibe of the B/O badge over the keystone, so I say ditch the keystones.

Ok, I'll be the voice of dissent.....KEYSTONE, KEYSTONE, KEYSTONE!!

A vintage 60's wrap is fully deserving of a vintage 60's badge.

Did I mention I'm partial to Keystone badges?

Nothing anal about doing right by your Ludwigs. My vote is for Keystone. You can always sell the B/O badge on ebay. Photos of your drums wold be a nice way to repay the kind responders to your inquiry :)

Thanks for the responses. My idea was Keystones all the way, just not sure if leaving the blue/olive for "accuracy" would be the thing to do.

Larry....as soon as I get this "project" completed I will post pics. Hell, I don't even have the drums yet!! I have only seen pics he took. Picking them up tomorrow if everything the seller told me pans out. The 13x9 and 16x16 toms, from the serial numbers he gave me date them as '67 & '69 respectively. The bass drum is definitely 1980's. ( 7 digit number) It is virgin with classic spurs, no extra holes!!!. The seller said the 13" toms silver "wrap" doesn't match the other 2 drums. Again, not a concern to me because I was planning on a re-wrap when I initially saw these bad boys on my local CL.
I won't mention the price just yet but it was too good (and hard to believe) to pass up.

Back